Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another 5101 Debrick thread
Ok so Im trying to debrick this 5101 using these commands in a post by buzzybuzzard over at NT

The commands full flash are as follows:
detect
ldram 9fc00000
(A File Open dialog will appear, find your 2MB backup file and click open)
speed 2
erase 9fc00000 200000
sprogram 9fc00000 200000
cmpram 9fc00000 200000

The commands boot as follows:
detect
ldram 9fc00000
(A File Open dialog will appear, find your Boot Loader file and click open)
speed 2
erase boot
sprogram boot
cmpram boot

u can ldram with the 2mbdump and just sprogram the boot in case u have a bad boot loader file
-----------------------------------------------------------

The problem is, I can sprogram the full flash, but it stll does not boot, and when I try to erase, my jtagnt hangs, also when I try to sprogram boot, I get NOT A FLASH AREA. I can detect fine, but I notice Debug is OFF does that matter?

What you think?
It should not matter if you can detect the flash, but you can't debrick the modem with a full flash when the boot is the problem,you need to Ld the boot. I can help you via team viewer!
(01-04-2014, 04:21 PM)sixteen Wrote: It should not matter if you can detect the flash, but you can't debrick the modem with a full flash when the boot is the problem,you need to Ld the boot. I can help you via team viewer!

I guess let's give it a try! I can learn something. PM heading your way.

Thanks
Thanks for the help bro. for those of you wondering..

Yeah he made me feel dumb, he did the same thing I was doing for 12 hours and it worked the very first time..lol

Once again, I really do appreciate the assistance! Not too many people willing to help these days. I Thank You for your time!
(01-04-2014, 06:42 PM)modembricker Wrote: Thanks for the help bro. for those of you wondering..

Yeah he made me feel dumb, he did the same thing I was doing for 12 hours and it worked the very first time..lol

Once again, I really do appreciate the assistance! Not too many people willing to help these days. I Thank You for your time!
Anytime bro just glad i could help!
(01-04-2014, 07:08 PM)sixteen Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 06:42 PM)modembricker Wrote: Thanks for the help bro. for those of you wondering..

Anytime bro just glad i could help!

Let me know when you're ready to help with a 5120 (I bricked 2) that stupid watchdog thing has me stumped, but at least I can detect the chips.