Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help setting up my DCM425C (Like an SB5101)
Rainbow 
I'm having problems with setting up my modem to allow me to use a business MAC at a decent speed. I know this is stupid, but to test my settings and everything, I used my Time Warner Road Runner given DPC2100R2's MAC addresses just to see if I would at least get the same results as my modem from them. Needless to say, I got the same results and they were only like around 100-200Kbps down and I pay for around 6Mbps. So, I'm thinking that there's an issue with my settings. I'm using Haxorware 1.1 Rev. 38 and I tried using the hacked modem's S/N and also the serial number from the modem I'm trying to clone the MAC from as well. They both yield crap speeds as well. lol I've attached screen shots of my settings as well. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm in NE Ohio and I pay for service. There aren't any filters in the line either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-11-2009, 07:23 PM)FingerprintDiVA Wrote: I'm having problems with setting up my modem to allow me to use a business MAC at a decent speed. I know this is stupid, but to test my settings and everything, I used my Time Warner Road Runner given DPC2100R2's MAC addresses just to see if I would at least get the same results as my modem from them. Needless to say, I got the same results and they were only like around 100-200Kbps down and I pay for around 6Mbps. So, I'm thinking that there's an issue with my settings. I'm using Haxorware 1.1 Rev. 38 and I tried using the hacked modem's S/N and also the serial number from the modem I'm trying to clone the MAC from as well. They both yield crap speeds as well. lol I've attached screen shots of my settings as well. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm in NE Ohio and I pay for service. There aren't any filters in the line either.

http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/index.php/...ease-help/
Thank you for the response. So, since my BPI is disabled and I'm still getting crappy connection speeds, you're saying that I'm pulling them from the wrong node? I'm able to stay online with the MACs that I found, but I'll try 10.94.x.x since I'm on 10.95.x.x instead of starting all the way back at 10.90.x.x. Please let me know if I'm going about this the right way.
OK, I called tech support and they said that it was a signal issue and it was throttling my connection. I'm trying to find out what would do that.