Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seeking help for my sb5101
Co signed cvc (CLONE DETECTION) seems to be working flawlessly in your area.

No easy fix for that. You will need to learn docsis to get past that one. It can be done but no one will ever post or share it I am certain.

Just pay for the cheapest tier your ISP offers at your nephew's house is the best advice I have.You have to go about it another way to trick the headend and it is not something that you can teach in a few easy steps...because it is actually way more trouble than it is worth in the end.
(18-11-2014, 06:41 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Co signed cvc (CLONE DETECTION) seems to be working flawlessly in your area.

No easy fix for that. You will need to learn docsis to get past that one. It can be done but no one will ever post or share it I am certain.

Just pay for the cheapest tier your ISP offers at your nephew's house is the best advice I have.You have to go about it another way to trick the headend and it is not something that you can teach in a few easy steps...because it is actually way more trouble than it is worth in the end.

Strange thing, today during lunch I took it over to my sisters house and it worked there just fine I disconnected it and plugged it in a few times and it still worked fine could it be just in certain areas? That it would affect it?
Is this the clue that clone detection is implemented on that ISP?

"ERROR - Config file co-signer CVC is rejected."
It depends on the ISP. In my area, there are nodes that clones work in no problems whatsoever and then right next door, it is nearly impossible. Go figure. Your log shows that cosigned cvc is working perfectly in that node. You would have to figure out how to get the clone to get the proper resigned cvc sent to it...not an easy task.

Initiating fake TFTP Get (tftp-enforce bypass)
Bypass failed.Error Illegal operation

are you forcing, too?
(19-11-2014, 04:25 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: It depends on the ISP. In my area, there are nodes that clones work in no problems whatsoever and then right next door, it is nearly impossible. Go figure. Your log shows that cosigned cvc is working perfectly in that node. You would have to figure out how to get the clone to get the proper resigned cvc sent to it...not an easy task.

Initiating fake TFTP Get (tftp-enforce bypass)
Bypass failed.Error Illegal operation

are you forcing, too?

No force network access is unchecked but also when I try to log on to the web gui 192.168.100.1 it won't let me I have to go set the ip manually in settings so I can log onto it
you have to unplug the coax to log in once the cmts knows you're testing...Use tmac and change your router nic addy often(easier than changing pc name and rebooting)