Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need some info about DOCSIS!
Can a Motorola sb5100 DOCSIS2.0 modem work on an ISP that uses DOCSIS3.0?
reason why i ask On my cc modem page this is what I see, STATUS->RF PARAMETERS->UPSTREAM->CHANNEL TYPE-> DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) then when I go over to HW/FW VERSIONS-> HARDWARE INFORMATION im seeing ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone WideBand Cable Modem,so I don’t know if my cc is using DOCSIS2.0 or DOCSIS3.0 or is it that the arris CM820 is just DOCSIS3.0 and there network is really DOCSIS2.0 .can you please shed some light on this please.
(31-03-2015, 09:44 PM)Ziricom Wrote:
(31-03-2015, 07:05 PM)Always_A_Learner Wrote: Can a Motorola sb5100 DOCSIS2.0 modem work on an ISP that uses DOCSIS3.0?
reason why i ask On my cc modem page this is what I see, STATUS->RF PARAMETERS->UPSTREAM->CHANNEL TYPE-> DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) then when I go over to HW/FW VERSIONS-> HARDWARE INFORMATION im seeing ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone WideBand Cable Modem,so I don’t know if my cc is using DOCSIS2.0 or DOCSIS3.0 or is it that the arris CM820 is just DOCSIS3.0 and there network is really DOCSIS2.0 .can you please shed some light on this please.
The modem is DOCSIS 3.0 but they are using DOCSIS 2.0 for whatever reason and yes, a DOCSIS 2.0 Modem can work on a DOCSIS3.0 Network provided they have not completely phased out DOCSIS 2.0 who is your CC? and are you trying to accomplish anything or are you just wondering that?

thank you very much for your quick reply i really do appreciate it.
The important factor most may be missing here is how the 'new' to you system is built, and since docsis must always be in place, and backward's compatible, in order to be the docsis network, the fact remains that iptv is distributed via the docsis one network, and this was the reason enforcing bpi was a must, to go any faster, a completely different network. Your docsis modems will still work on the docsis one network, which by law MUST allow any modem to register on the docsis network, this they cannot remove. Hence BPI+. Further, Docsis 2.0 is backwards compatible, as are d3, and unless you can run d3 and get passed the cert's, your always gonna be on that d1 network without valid cert's.

Your 'golden' docsis one mac is an stb max speed, used for streaming Wink

I believe what your experiencing is the side effect's I felt a while back, and I reckon that when comcast bought virgin who bought telewest who bought blueyonder they bought the virgin network, and ADOPTED it.. welcome to the uk kinda thing, the system is becoming a single entity.

Blatantly obvious from this end anyway.. Wink
Your a feckin arse you are, cant you stop inssulting folks cause their replies dont match yours?

Oh, and with regards to the docsis law I was refering to, all docsis 1 and 1.1 modems must come online BY LAW, not a law you can go to court over, but by design. Numpty, go pick on someone else..
http://www.haxorware.com/forums/showthre...2#pid25822
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
As I was showing all how they are actually able to get on.

And BY LAW is the docsis regulations Wink
(31-05-2015, 07:32 PM)Canis-Major Wrote: As I was showing all how they are actually able to get on.

And BY LAW is the docsis regulations Wink

[Image: AliqD16.jpg]
Here Ziricom, is this all your here for, to post idiotic pictures that represent your idiotic thought's that are nothing to do with otherm members want's/requests? Dont you have anything better to do instead of replying to all my posts with crap from your shitty little pea brained world? Your only posting evidence of you being the biggest troll here..

So far, three of my last posts have been dominated by your shit.. not one answer that is actually useable, but shit.