Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPC2100R2 - Looking to solve issues
Hi, excuse my lack of knowledge but I just want to know if moving to haxorware will allow a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100R2 to be more stable and maybe bump the speed a little (0.5 Mbps more will be nice, since on the area I live service is already crap)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, can I have a copy of that WebSTAR firmware?

My ISP is lazy at updating firmware and the one I have is full of vulnerabilities, would like to get my hands on the latest to flash on mine!
Actually the service plan is 1Mb down and 128kb up Tongue, the next plan is 2Mb down but 384 up :S. The 10Mb plan has 768up but is not available in the area. As you can see, is not worth it but is the only thing available around here Sad.

Also the isp does throttle the speed during the day and after hours you get half of what you pay, and around 3 to 5 am you get the actual speed. Sad

The issue is actually at noon, the speed becomes 56k like and is sometimes impossible to do anything usefull.

P.S.; After some thinking, I decided I want to experiment a little just to see what´s going on, and since I already got the cabling improved, the only thing left is the modem itself.

As far as I have seen, this cable modem is kinda easy to work with, and it is possible to flash it via lan (that´s my plan as I don´t have the means to jtag it, nor the knowledge). Is there some guide to flash it to haxorware via lan? does the guide says what files do I need?
I want to uncap, but what do you recommend? just uncap or migrate to haxorware? I know that uncapping works as long as the modem doesn´t power off so for testing it would be enough, but in the long run, should I flash to haxorware? how?
(15-05-2015, 03:26 AM)Ziricom Wrote: If i have it its in my most recent post in this section of the forums

Searched but could not find any WebSTAR fw

@VENDoog, you are going to have a tough time flashing this version firmware without a jtag... I suggest you invest in one (because you may need to flash back to the oem firmware)
#Sight/#

I tried the uncap method but apparently my isp has changed the snmp to something else and I am unable to find the data for the process. Is there another way to find out what the snmp string is?
Well, TBH, you really need to flash Hax or a diag firmware on that 2100 and start playing with it to find out what you can and cannot do. Those speeds are 3rd World country compared to mine and that tells me you are either on a very small ISP or in a place very far behind the rest of the World...

Small ISP's tend to have a better handle on their network and it's harder to test on them. It all depends on how seriously they monitor the system. The only way to know for sure is to flash some diag firm and learn some telnet and poke around a bit. It's fun! Hax by itself will not improve your speed unless you can serve/force a different cfg than the mac is provisioned, which,BTW, is just a memory for most here...That was the norm before BPI was made standard. I barely remember doing that...just barely! \
Flash Hax and play around and see what you get...
i guess you have to first downgrade the modem