Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Off-board SPI'
Hi, got an spi chip I removed from my origional ubee year's ago, and need to know how to back up it's content's without soldering it to a board, is this possible? If so, which pins need what power? Cause it's undetected when wired up to usbjtag on it's own, using pin 2
maybe vcc, hold and wp should all be connected together
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
same way as you wire it to the board use 3.3 or 5v to pin 2 power the chip
(24-06-2015, 05:40 PM)drewmerc Wrote: maybe vcc, hold and wp should all be connected together

Thanks, I'll give this a bash after sorting this eth prob on ubee Smile

(24-06-2015, 06:06 PM)andy m Wrote: same way as you wire it to the board use 3.3 or 5v to pin 2 power the chip

Nope, tried it, hence the post Smile
Yo drewmerc, which pin's are these ? damn googles so bad I feel like dumpin the bloody net altogether..

Update: Got it Wink
Ok, took the mx chip from the fecked ubee, wired it up as I would normally, joined pin's 1, 2, and 9, joined negative of power supply to pin 10 of spi, (Pin 2 of usbjtagnt) both wires then connected to pin 2 of usbjtagnt, then applied 5v usb power (I used a good hub) to the three wires previously mentioned to the + usb power, detected chip, flashed and verified each section, then verified all flash, disconnected programmer, disconnected power, reconnected power, plugged in programmer, got a good read from all section's.. so far so good, now I'm gonna swap out this chip from the good board, finger's crossed..

Update, seems the chip was fine, read and verified with 2 other spare chip's, strangst thing was, when I put chip back on board, pin 1 and 2 were then perm 3.5 volt's.. time for a rework me-think's, if anyone has ever done this, why would this happen?

And eth is still dead, but can read/write from chip. Also I should add, that when connecting power, I noticed one more handy tip.. solder 5v to pin two, then cut wire, shred sheathing enough to twist wire's together, because it seems that when wire is just soldered on, all 5 light's go solid dim blue, but by scrapping the two ends to twist as you would hot wire a car, the lights will change from 5 to 4 or 3, this is your goal to unbrick, or at least, flash chip, successfully, if the 5 lights are solid, chip wont be detected.
If Ethernet is dead, lightning probably killed the port, or a short of some kind (bad power supply, etc).. i've seen it a ton of times.
Most likely a short I missed, aint had lightning Wink