Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retroactive testing on Sb5101
I have this Sb5101 that am getting 15 mg down from so i decide to pull out the old testing tool that i have laying a round, replace the Sb5101 memory with one from a old loptop and now am getting 30mg.
(09-08-2015, 09:44 PM)Ziricom Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 09:37 PM)sixteen Wrote: I have this Sb5101 that am getting 15 mg down from so i decide to pull out the old testing tool that i have laying a round, replace the Sb5101 memory with one from a old loptop and now am getting 30mg.

Ok. so you cloned a modem that has 30 Meg.
No need to clone force config still work in my area
30 is max on a 5101. 32 in a lab.
(09-08-2015, 11:36 PM)Ziricom Wrote: Isn't it 38 Absolute Maximum? Even if you cannot get that fast.

eh, there will always be overhead.
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
DOWNSTREAM
Modulation 64 or 256 QAM
Maximum Data Rate 27 Mbps (in 64QAM mode) or
38 Mbps (in 256QAM mode) (limited
by transmission protocol)
Bandwidth 6 MHz
Maximum Symbol Rates 5.069 Msym/s (64QAM)
5.361 Msym/s (256QAM)
Operating Level Range -15 to +15 dBmV
Input Impedance 75 ohms (nomimal)
Total Input Power < 30 dBmV
Frequency Range 88-860 MHz
(
±
30 kHz min step size)
UPSTREAM
Upstream Modulation 16QAM or QPSK, (8, 32, 64 and 128
QAM with A-TDMA or S-CDMA
enabled CMTS)
Maximum Upstream Transmission
Rate
10 Mbps (30Mbps with A-TDMA or S-
CDMA enabled CMTS)
Bandwidth 200, 400, 800, 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz;

SB5101
6.4MHz with A-TDMA or S-CDMA
enabled CMTS
Symbol Rates 160, 320, 640, 1280, and 2560
ksym/s, 5120 ksyms/s with A-TDMA
or S-CDMA enabled CMTS
Operating Level Range +8 to +55 dBmV (8, 16QAM)
+8 to +58 dBmV (QPSK)
+8 to +54 dBmV (32, 64 QAM)
+8 to +53 dBmV (S-CDMA)
Output Impedance 75 ohms (nominal)
Total Input Power < 35 dBmV
(varies by symbol rate)
Frequency Range 5-42 MHz (edge to edge)
I always thought it was 37mbit including overhead, but close enough if theoretical is 38. Back in the olden days though, I'd see over 30mbit practical fairly often. Large unencrypted ftp transfers like certain distribution networks used didn't really have that much overhead, between 5%-10%. I doubt you'd ever find a node that empty now, and encryption adds overhead, but my usual speed was 33mbit practical, and good days got closer to 35mbit.
jesus fucking christ, i thought fox news could beat a topic to death, I say that maximum speed 37.0000009∞MbPs. can we talk about node IP's too? hey bakageta can I buy an account on a 100tb leaseweb topsite? you did remind me of old times - I remember thinking 32mbps was fast downloading from ftp servers.

and that in turn reminded me of the release group CENTROPY, 10 years later I still remember it (serenity is a great movie, btw) when the feds and rats tried to bust ftp sites/rls groups and they missed a few people in CENTROPY and they taunted the big bad FED.
http://www.nfohump.com/index.php?switcht...o&id=96368
guess they never learned from the drug war, cause look how far the feds got in the war on piracy.
Haha, leased and topsite together... Tongue I started stepping back after the 04 busts, and completely retired after the 05 busts, as a friend was arrested and a site I had access to but didn't use was affected. Things just hit a little too close to home.

Another fun fact - I hosted xbins for 2-3 months from a home connection, back in the docsis1 (2003? I'd been testing for a fair bit then, when most people thought "uncapping" was a myth) days. No custom firmware, just exploiting the modem looking over Ethernet for the configure first. XBMC releases would peg 10mbit up for a day or so. My ISP finally updated the firmware, but left the old one on their tftp server, taking seconds to downgrade. Later they got around to removing it but allowed upgrades from any internal up, so hosting it on a second modem was a quick downgrade again. Their only tier was 512kbit/128kbit, so they weren't thrilled at 0/0 configs.

I actually had a friend in HR at the company, and interviewed to help improve security,, but they went with someone with a better resume. He wasn't particularly good or just didn't care, uunsubbed macs sere allowed online, and edited configs were useable until Suddenlink bought them out. They did take notice of my tests at some ponit, setting unsubbed Macs to drop every 10 minutes in my area, but nowhere else in the town. By this point, they finally offered a reasonable sub, and my test saw use strictly for poking at their security on e or twice a month. Focusing on my node gave me a good laugh, it was saying "I can't stop you, but I can be annoying as hell." This was despite at least 6 other testers scattered around town using far more bandwidth. I'd have loved to have a chat with their security team, given immunity for my poking around, but that would never happen.

I'm taking a trip to visit family in the area at some point soon, I'll have to see if I can still give them a hard time.