Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick question
i have been browsing craigslist/ebay for a modded modem. some have haxorware some have forceware. i understand they are advertised as diagnostic modems for legal reasons. i am having a hard time figuring out what they do exactly cause most people don't want to answer questions and the ones that do give different stories. some say they are only for uncapping speed if you are already paying for internet. some say they will give you free internet if you are paying for tv. some say you don't need any active service you just need a cable line in your home. since i am getting so many different answers i am hoping somebody here can tell me for sure what to expect if i buy one of these. thank you.
expect nothing and anything you receive will be a bonus
haxorware = d2 older and slower yet easier to work with (easier but still very hard)
forceware = d3 fasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst but very very hard without knowing wut your doing
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Did you see Rogue Nation: I can neither confirm nor deny details of any operation without the Secretary's approval.

Well that's the same but i'll tell you that "The Lord did everything possible for his vineyard" Jacob 5

Get your own conclusions
not very helpful. instead of telling stories why not be helpful and provide the information i am looking for?
(03-11-2015, 07:02 PM)misterdean Wrote: not very helpful. instead of telling stories why not be helpful and provide the information i am looking for?

i'm sorry teaching is not my special gift, anyways you aint helpful with yourself neither. Why dont you go and grab whatever you need reading and training by yourself as everybody does instead of asking.
i didn't ask anybody to walk me through setup. i just asked a very simple question regarding what i can expect if i buy a modem with custom firmware. you or the other guy could have just told me what i need to know. i would have said thank you and that would have been the end of it. instead of receiving the information i requested i'm told to expect nothing and given useless stories. don't you think i read through the forum and google searched before asking? the information available is limited. most of what i read is setup related or speed related. it doesn't clearly say only uncaps speed you must still pay for internet service. it doesn't clearly say you don't have to pay for internet but you must pay for tv. it doesn't clearly say you don't have to pay for any service at all with this firmware you can get internet for absolutely no monthly bills. i understand why it isn't advertised like this but if it's not clear what the firmware does and the people who are trying to sell you the modems are giving you different stories i'm sure you can understand why some people don't know what to believe. that's why i am asking cause i know the people here can tell me straight.
(03-11-2015, 11:37 PM)misterdean Wrote: i didn't ask anybody to walk me through setup. i just asked a very simple question regarding what i can expect if i buy a modem with custom firmware. you or the other guy could have just told me what i need to know. i would have said thank you and that would have been the end of it. instead of receiving the information i requested i'm told to expect nothing and given useless stories. don't you think i read through the forum and google searched before asking? the information available is limited. most of what i read is setup related or speed related. it doesn't clearly say only uncaps speed you must still pay for internet service. it doesn't clearly say you don't have to pay for internet but you must pay for tv. it doesn't clearly say you don't have to pay for any service at all with this firmware you can get internet for absolutely no monthly bills. i understand why it isn't advertised like this but if it's not clear what the firmware does and the people who are trying to sell you the modems are giving you different stories i'm sure you can understand why some people don't know what to believe. that's why i am asking cause i know the people here can tell me straight.

Well let me put it in this way, I don't know the people who is selling you modems but I would not say any kind of comment that could be misinterpreted by a client or any other person. The problem is that those modems are modified for testing/educational purposes and anything else could be outside the law, is it clear now?
Hahahhahaa, folks as modems are computers they can be employed in different ways depending on soft/hardware capabilities and stteings including but not limited to the ones you've said
(03-11-2015, 07:02 PM)misterdean Wrote: not very helpful. instead of telling stories why not be helpful and provide the information i am looking for?

The information you're looking for is what the minimum you need to steal cable internet, basically. That's not something many people here will get behind. Modded modems are very much test modems, pay your cable as normal and see what you can test - it varies from ISP to ISP, and even region to region.

It's unlikely anyone will tell you X is the minimum you need to steal internet, that would be illegal. If you want to test, you'll need to pick up a test modem and, *gasp*, test it.
Thank you bakageta, I coulnt have said it any better