Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
sbhacker down.
this is exactly what it's like in a union when jobs are limited and the senior members get them.
all the guys that don't know anyone or don't have some valuable skill will get left out in the cold bitching bout "why all the jobs going to them? we gotta eat too Sad "...
unfortunately, such is this sport. Angel
[Image: bender_dance_animate.gif] buena suerte consiguiendo este un folladoras [Image: bender_dance_animate.gif]
I agree with some of these points. However I refuse to believe that if someone puts in the time and effort to studying the fundamentals of docsis and socket protocols that at least 50% of people who cant get on, would get on. We have all been in the situation where we can't. But all of the information is out there. And as long as people ask questions about the fundamental stuff and are willing to spend there spare time reading and reading and throwing all that they have learned into this hobby, the payoff is worth it. The satisfaction alone is worth it. You can't get that by being told what to do. Furthermore every ISP has different sec. So even if we wanted to tell u how to achieve your goal we couldn't. I miss sbh. I really wish they would dump there db to someone else to bring it back. All that information is just sitting there....a waste really.
(06-07-2016, 04:22 PM)McAdams Wrote: sbh admins around here please stop laughing, holidays are gone we need you back on the road...

On the road to what? Holding people's hand?
so I will start off by at least giving you guys something to go on. SBH is down and will continue to be so. this said their was no cease and desist or anything along them lines however based on some insight their was some stuff that was pending... it was safest to close the site down before anyone came really knocking. Please keep in mind I was never the owner of sbh but i took care of the servers.

as it sits to day sbh will likely not return unless one of the root founders want to host the data again else where... too much risk is involved. their is a mysql database that still exists i came across it the other day... but other than that everything is gone.
(02-03-2017, 02:35 AM)neo_ Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 04:22 PM)McAdams Wrote: sbh admins around here please stop laughing, holidays are gone we need you back on the road...

Even those of us with knowledge or skills would still appreciate a site or forum with stickies and guides for knowledge we don't want to have to dig for every time, like CMTS manuals or DOCSIS behavior. Heart
Viewing this forum is like viewing the "Groundhog Day" movie. Nothing ever changes.

People are begging for knowledge like we are holding secrets.

Every person knowledgable in modem modification started off as an amateur, the only difference is that they don't sit here literally for 4 years in a row and beg for help like a homeless person. Most of you lack basic networking intellect yet you expect to be a modem tester. Learn what a subnet is, for god sakes.

Furthermore, it is amusing how so many assume knowledge is a secret. If only you cared to use Google, your questions would be answers. Knowledge is not a secret, you are just too dumb and lazy to find it on your own.

I didn't visit this forum in over a year, and yet almost every single month I received a notification e-mail that someone messaged me. All messages were the same, from random members who have been on here for 5 or more years asking for help, or people with 0 posts peddling for help. Do you really expect for me to visit a forum I haven't been on for over a year just to answer your idiotic question? One can go insane answering the same question every day. It's amazing how so many of you think just because you figured out how to send a message, all the secrets of the universe would be explained to you. Either you must be 13, or a dumb adult.

You people are leeches, viruses. You can't or won't learn & feed off other people. You only come on here when your eBay modem gets shutdown asking for help. No one cares to help you people anymore, as your knowledge-less peers constantly ruin the scene.

Go learn to use a computer. It is almost comedic how in this very thread the IRC chatroom was discussed as if it was some secret. You are helpless. No developer has released a firmware publicly to you blood sucking idiots.
Sure, whatever.....but could you at least put together a step by step tutorial to show me how to get free internet...?

Thanks in advance.
(02-03-2017, 11:30 PM)neo_ Wrote: Viewing this forum is like viewing the "Groundhog Day" movie. Nothing ever changes.

People are begging for knowledge like we are holding secrets.

Every person knowledgable in modem modification started off as an amateur, the only difference is that they don't sit here literally for 4 years in a row and beg for help like a homeless person. Most of you lack basic networking intellect yet you expect to be a modem tester. Learn what a subnet is, for god sakes.

Furthermore, it is amusing how so many assume knowledge is a secret. If only you cared to use Google, your questions would be answers. Knowledge is not a secret, you are just too dumb and lazy to find it on your own.

I didn't visit this forum in over a year, and yet almost every single month I received a notification e-mail that someone messaged me. All messages were the same, from random members who have been on here for 5 or more years asking for help, or people with 0 posts peddling for help. Do you really expect for me to visit a forum I haven't been on for over a year just to answer your idiotic question? One can go insane answering the same question every day. It's amazing how so many of you think just because you figured out how to send a message, all the secrets of the universe would be explained to you. Either you must be 13, or a dumb adult.

You people are leeches, viruses. You can't or won't learn & feed off other people. You only come on here when your eBay modem gets shutdown asking for help. No one cares to help you people anymore, as your knowledge-less peers constantly ruin the scene.

Go learn to use a computer. It is almost comedic how in this very thread the IRC chatroom was discussed as if it was some secret. You are helpless. No developer has released a firmware publicly to you blood sucking idiots.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one being PM'd on a regular basis by these people. AngryHeart
(02-03-2017, 11:30 PM)neo_ Wrote: You people are leeches, viruses. You can't or won't learn & feed off other people. You only come on here when your eBay modem gets shutdown asking for help. No one cares to help you people anymore, as your knowledge-less peers constantly ruin the scene.

Talking about leeches reminds me also those guys selling crappy D2 on eBay or even worse http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/02/time-...speed.html

(02-03-2017, 02:35 AM)neo_ Wrote:

I've studied and worked around for quite a while and don't need somebody to hold my hand. I might need some help every now and then but it's not for profit nor to save a few bucks. I do agree too many people asking dumb faqs really sucks and hate to be discussing the same shit over and over but don't mind to help once in while. I asked for you guys cuz you brought the new toys in and I dunno how you guys didnt care to spend 200 buying a new cpe just to play around which is pretty cool and fun. in the end you're about right holding some jerk's hand is part of it but who cares and who's at the other side of the coin? I bet you've an idea of a TB stream real cost and how much people is charged kinda like automakers doing stuffs south of the border and leaving us all out. Nevermind I still appreciate a lot and thanks guys that developed and shared a firmware, tool or knowledge at some point even risking jail ... This includes of course sbh crew.
(01-03-2017, 10:34 PM)coldfusion Wrote: I agree with some of these points. However I refuse to believe that if someone puts in the time and effort to studying the fundamentals of docsis and socket protocols that at least 50% of people who cant get on, would get on. We have all been in the situation where we can't. But all of the information is out there. And as long as people ask questions about the fundamental stuff and are willing to spend there spare time reading and reading and throwing all that they have learned into this hobby, the payoff is worth it. The satisfaction alone is worth it. You can't get that by being told what to do. Furthermore every ISP has different sec. So even if we wanted to tell u how to achieve your goal we couldn't. I miss sbh. I really wish they would dump there db to someone else to bring it back. All that information is just sitting there....a waste really.

well put. Wink
[Image: bender_dance_animate.gif] buena suerte consiguiendo este un folladoras [Image: bender_dance_animate.gif]