Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambit 256 Rebooting / Only 250kbps
Hi,

My Ambit 256 with Hax 39 has just stopped working, goes online, then reboots every 10 seconds. I know the MAC is good, works perfect on my Motorola 5100. Tried 30 other MACS either keeps rebooting OR 2 of the MACS stay online OK but only give 250kbps throughput?

Any ideas whats going on with the 256, read something about a Docsis issue but dont know what to do or have anything to fix it etc.

Thanks
same issue on a 250 in pure area. modems rebooting all the time. tryed over 100 macs. no luck. sometimes manage to get google for few sec then bang... reboot.?

any ideas
bpi and a shit load of fresh macs and double check the ubr/node as they have all moved about
i tested about an 100 the other day maybe 10 worked good (about 40 were 256)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(10-02-2010, 08:39 PM)drewmerc Wrote: bpi and a shit load of fresh macs and double check the ubr/node as they have all moved about
i tested about an 100 the other day maybe 10 worked good (about 40 were 256)

How do you change the BPI settings with Hax 39?
on the bpi page
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
rebooting problems with ambit 250 and 256 are due to haxorware revision 39 being unstable if you get the new revision 38 firmware it should work fine ive done this on a couple of ambit 250s and 256 and its worked fine
(11-02-2010, 11:37 PM)ntlwizzkid Wrote: rebooting problems with ambit 250 and 256 are due to haxorware revision 39 being unstable if you get the new revision 38 firmware it should work fine ive done this on a couple of ambit 250s and 256 and its worked fine

Once I changed from BPI disabled to Docsis 1.0, I got my original 10Mb MAC to work without it rebooting. Still finding lots of 250Kbps MACS though which is strange. Found a 20 Mb MAC which I know should be good, I can make it come online if I change the Docsis to 1.1, but this keeps rebooting - so I will definitely try Rev 38 to see if it makes a diff.
Virgin Have def been playing around, lost both my Hax Ambit and my Sigma x SB, the SB recovered but the Ambit struggled, luckily the Docsis tweak got me back again. Eventually Virgin will have their way and these modems will be off for good. They are doing loads of work to remove the dodgy TV boxes from the network, but for now, I'm back online!!!!

Thanks
(12-02-2010, 07:52 PM)ronvegas Wrote:
(11-02-2010, 11:37 PM)ntlwizzkid Wrote: rebooting problems with ambit 250 and 256 are due to haxorware revision 39 being unstable if you get the new revision 38 firmware it should work fine ive done this on a couple of ambit 250s and 256 and its worked fine

Once I changed from BPI disabled to Docsis 1.0, I got my original 10Mb MAC to work without it rebooting. Still finding lots of 250Kbps MACS though which is strange. Found a 20 Mb MAC which I know should be good, I can make it come online if I change the Docsis to 1.1, but this keeps rebooting - so I will definitely try Rev 38 to see if it makes a diff.
Virgin Have def been playing around, lost both my Hax Ambit and my Sigma x SB, the SB recovered but the Ambit struggled, luckily the Docsis tweak got me back again. Eventually Virgin will have their way and these modems will be off for good. They are doing loads of work to remove the dodgy TV boxes from the network, but for now, I'm back online!!!!

Thanks

Hey ronvegas, Thanks for this post, one of my modems went off today (rebooting every 43 seconds) after running un-interrupted for three years. Changing BPI disabled to Docsis 1.0 got it working again, so cheers for that tip.

Unfortunately I agree, it won't be long before there all nobbled...

Thanks again.