Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to double-check....
Forgive the noobish question, but I need to clarify something here:

If I get a subbed modem from a friend (outside my UBR) flash an E08C007 noisy bootloader to his modem (using console unlocker for the Ambit250) so I can then save a dump of his firmware, get the certs from this dump, upload them to my Ambit, use his MAC and then stealth my modem to look like his (make/model/software version etc), will that fix the current issue that stalls my modem at registration complete?

Or am I totally misunderstanding everything I've been reading lately?

My previously working MACs have all stopped working and are showing up as Docsis1.1, whereas before they were all working and Docsis1.0, so am I correct in thinking that I now need certs to validate the modem and get online (at least when using a Docsis1.1 MAC)?
yes it'll work but you do know if the cable co see it you'll both get it in the ass (not that it's ever happened)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Yeah - i'm aware of the possible repercussions if we get caught.

If my area is going Docsis1.1, and I now need certs to validate my modem, I don't really have any other options though.
there are always other options, thats just the easyest
go look around the world on other networks were 2.0 is enabled
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(11-02-2010, 12:43 PM)drewmerc Wrote: there are always other options, thats just the easyest
go look around the world on other networks were 2.0 is enabled

Cheers. I thought I was locked into grabbing certs, but if there's other methods, I guess i'll just need to get back to the reading....