Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SBG900
Question 
Hi from Fuxord!

I have an SBG900 which I do not use as I have changed my ISP. Happy with my ISP! Unlike many folks here, all I wish is to use my SBG900 (FIRM: SBG900-2.1.15.0-SCM00) as a WiFi repeater. I have reset it and there is no coaxial cable connected. Back when I used it, it locks frequencies from where I am redirected to a login page from ISP portal which allows me internet access after login (not sure how cable ISPs work in other countries).

Having gone through many posts on this forum and lots of other websites, I have not found any possibility of changing the firmware except USB/JTAG.

As far as I can tell, this particular model does not have SSH/TELNET (obvious) enabled. Here are the things I have tried thus far:

*Used DHCP force (idea was to force a TFPT server address and give it my own config file name, then I would create my own config (DOCSIS) & TFPT server) this would have allowed me to flash a SH firmware - DID NOT WORK
*Used IPFullView to turn on the factory mode. Which I did, however could not read any info using MIB code for TFPT or SW name - DID NOT WORK
*Tried TFTPPD64 to see if I could flash the SH version - DID NOT WORK
*I have read almost the entire book by DerEngel, none of the methods worked

- In an effort to turn on FM, I used the FM tool on this forum and somehow my serial is now shown as a small alpha numeric number instead of the long number.

For the record, I have a fully functional Windows 10 & Kali as well as a MacBook Air with El Capitan. So I can use either of these.

I am so out of options. Buying a hacked modem serves me no purpose as I wanted to do a fun little project and make use of my old hardware. (i find this exciting - though I am new) without using USBJTAG.

All I wish is to complete this project (with everyone's help) and then write a fully comprehensive guide as I believe knowledge should be free and shared!

Any help would be highly appreciated.