Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB6190 Uncapping in process. Suggestions?
So just an update, idk where OP went but most likely he downloaded that source code, and thought he was gonna magically compile a firmware from it, well come on, they wouldnt make it that easy, that source, was a broken toolchain, with broken compilers in it, I spent a good 3 weeks just to get it working correctly, now, as for compiling a firmware, all this really does is give you a starting point, and thats after hours of editing .conf and makefiles along with other goodies, i have about 5 of these modems for testing, unfortunately OP is prolly not coming back for he had no idea what he was doing, these modems are a bit of a pain in the A** as they use an ATOM core stacked with an ARM processor, which the ATOM locks the ARM processor if something stops working, so memory glitching so far is a no go, bios exploit doesnt seem to gain anything as well, and trying to compile a firmware with found source only works for one side of the firmware, these modems use dual images, one part loads before the other, so i doubt ALpha would work, as it does not contain code for Puma6 and ATOM, if anyone has any other ideas let me know, as for the nand having bad blocks, I cannot verify this, I've made a few dumps, that have correct headers, and then removed EmmC and reflashed to make sure it was correct and it verified fine, and booted as normally.
(25-03-2017, 06:19 AM)demonspride Wrote: So just an update, idk where OP went but most likely he downloaded that source code, and thought he was gonna magically compile a firmware from it, well come on, they wouldnt make it that easy, that source, was a broken toolchain, with broken compilers in it, I spent a good 3 weeks just to get it working correctly, now, as for compiling a firmware, all this really does is give you a starting point, and thats after hours of editing .conf and makefiles along with other goodies, i have about 5 of these modems for testing, unfortunately OP is prolly not coming back for he had no idea what he was doing, these modems are a bit of a pain in the A** as they use an ATOM core stacked with an ARM processor, which the ATOM locks the ARM processor if something stops working, so memory glitching so far is a no go, bios exploit doesnt seem to gain anything as well, and trying to compile a firmware with found source only works for one side of the firmware, these modems use dual images, one part loads before the other, so i doubt ALpha would work, as it does not contain code for Puma6 and ATOM, if anyone has any other ideas let me know, as for the nand having bad blocks, I cannot verify this, I've made a few dumps, that have correct headers, and then removed EmmC and reflashed to make sure it was correct and it verified fine, and booted as normally.

He disappeared the moment I shipped him a modem. Seems like he just wanted a SB6190 lol.

Can you provide a firmware dump?
Ill try and get a dump uploaded soonish, just had a death in the family so things have been a bit shit lately, that stacked with fatherly duties puts a damper on free time, i'll be sure to get something up tho!
It would be nice to be able to force configs with this modem...
(30-11-2016, 09:35 PM)occalifornia Wrote: Sent OP (Colin) a modem, he's gone MIA - agreed to provide access to his latest status updates and cell #. That's what I get for trusting someone on the Internet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to his sig, this is him right here

https://www.visualcv.com/colin669

If it makes you feel better, I got burned by someone on this forum too. Like 3 or 4 years ago I sent a veteran member a DPC3000 I think it was.. I had bricked it and he had a jtag, so I packed the modem with some of Cali's finest as payment and sent it... then poof, like magic pixie dust he was gone. Surprisingly enough, another veteran member here sent me a FREE DPC3000 just because. That was the coolest shit that ever happened to me in this community. Now, if I can get someone to show me how to get around snmp acl, that would be the 2nd coolest thing. Wink
you know you cant get spoon fed, but a good hint is it starts with spoofing, if you have a config, and you know your community R/W string, and the ip range to be in, then you can get around it.
I have all that, I believe you're referring to editing the config. Excentis makes the config invalid after editing...
I wouldn't want him to be my CEO if he can't even spell "offcier"

(27-03-2017, 03:08 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(30-11-2016, 09:35 PM)occalifornia Wrote: Sent OP (Colin) a modem, he's gone MIA - agreed to provide access to his latest status updates and cell #. That's what I get for trusting someone on the Internet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it makes you feel better, I got burned by someone on this forum too. Like 3 or 4 years ago I sent a veteran member a DPC3000 I think it was.. I had bricked it and he had a jtag, so I packed the modem with some of Cali's finest as payment and sent it... then poof, like magic pixie dust he was gone. Surprisingly enough, another veteran member here sent me a FREE DPC3000 just because. That was the coolest shit that ever happened to me in this community. Now, if I can get someone to show me how to get around snmp acl, that would be the 2nd coolest thing. Wink
(27-03-2017, 04:39 AM)demonspride Wrote: Ill try and get a dump uploaded soonish, just had a death in the family so things have been a bit shit lately, that stacked with fatherly duties puts a damper on free time, i'll be sure to get something up tho!
sorry to hear that man! Heart

(27-03-2017, 04:17 PM)demonspride Wrote: you know you cant get spoon fed, but a good hint is it starts with spoofing, if you have a config, and you know your community R/W string, and the ip range to be in, then you can get around it.
You're spoofing on a SB6190?

(28-03-2017, 02:25 PM)Ictvtec Wrote: I wouldn't want him to be my CEO if he can't even spell "offcier"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LOL

Yeah, I've learned over my years to never trust someone over the Internet. I've been burned too many times for it to be an uncommon practice. Blush

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to that name, this is his Facebook. The picture from the CV matches the FB profile.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/aaplg8?fref=nf
you should go to VA, and beat him up