Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I use my own account
Hi folks
New guy here. I have a hacked comcast modem and it stopped working (no internet. Message shows this modem is not registered with comcast and to contact them) they guy who I bough it from vanished. I have comcast internet at home that I pay for every month. Can I somehow just use my own account on the router in my other building?
Or maybe someone would like to swap MAC address . Location Chicago IL
(17-10-2016, 03:23 PM)Outsider Wrote: Hi folks
New guy here. I have a hacked comcast modem and it stopped working (no internet. Message shows this modem is not registered with comcast and to contact them) they guy who I bough it from vanished. I have comcast internet at home that I pay for every month. Can I somehow just use my own account on the router in my other building?

You probably won't be able to use a clone (your subbed modem) in your other building because it will be on the same node and 99% of CMTS have intra-node clone detection enabled.

Even running a modified modem is against your ISPs Terms of Service. Angel
How far away they have to be? The other building is about 10 miles away from my house
I've done it before, it works. In Chicago as well.
Can someone help me with that? I have haxorware on SB5101
Distance is not a guarantee of being in different nodes. Plus what occalifornia said -intra node clone detection. Other than that, do you really want to use an account your name is tied to to commit fraud?
(03-11-2016, 04:36 PM)thekoontz Wrote: Distance is not a guarantee of being in different nodes. Plus what occalifornia said -intra node clone detection. Other than that, do you really want to use an account your name is tied to to commit fraud?
I don't have to. I know a person from out of state who is willing to get me files and info I need . Just if someone could help me on how to do it.Blush
(03-11-2016, 04:49 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 04:36 PM)thekoontz Wrote: Distance is not a guarantee of being in different nodes. Plus what occalifornia said -intra node clone detection. Other than that, do you really want to use an account your name is tied to to commit fraud?
I don't have to. I know a person from out of state who is willing to get me files and info I need . Just if someone could help me on how to do it.Blush

Is his name Mr. FBI Agent? lol. I wouldn't trust someone from the web to get you files.. seems like the perfect FBI entrapment scenario. Confused
Wink 
(04-11-2016, 01:00 AM)occalifornia Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 04:49 PM)Outsider Wrote:

Is his name Mr. FBI Agent? lol. I wouldn't trust someone from the web to get you files.. seems like the perfect FBI entrapment scenario. Confused
It's not just someone. I know that person ;-)