Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New arris modem 6141
Anyone having trouble with new arris 6141 i flashed with forceware but kinda seems the settings dont save on it..... it just stays ranging t3 timeouts but i can flash other older arris and motorolas with no problem.
Can you post your logs?

What settings don't "save"?

T3 timeouts could be your ISP detecting a clone MAC / MAC collision.
I took it back to best buy...just wondering if anyone having similar issues with those new arris modems maybey something's different thanks
I've flashed a "Arris" logo'd SB6141 and it works just the same as the Motorola logo'd SB6141. It's just a plastic shell.

They do have different board revisions from the original SB6141 manufacturing date through now, though. Up to REV4 I think.
The odd thing I have learned is that for some reason the retail "white" 6141 often fail to lock whereas the company issued "black" modems lock every time, even with same certs.
(09-08-2017, 03:02 PM)modembricker Wrote: The odd thing I have learned is that for some reason the retail "white" 6141 often fail to lock whereas the company issued "black" modems lock every time, even with same certs.

What could be the reason for this?

I've seen no issues in the same environment with either Retail / OEM White / Black or between Rev's. (Granted, I work in a test environment rather than in a home or production environment.)
(09-08-2017, 03:02 PM)modembricker Wrote: The odd thing I have learned is that for some reason the retail "white" 6141 often fail to lock whereas the company issued "black" modems lock every time, even with same certs.

Yup thats it i thought it was just me some work and some dont
(12-08-2017, 07:23 PM)occalifornia Wrote:

I've seen no issues in the same environment with either Retail / OEM White / Black or between Rev's. (Granted, I work in a test environment rather than in a home or production environment.)

ModemBricker is right white sb6141 go to shit often
I'd stick to v7 black sb6141
[/php]
(16-08-2017, 08:24 AM)legendofsounds Wrote:

Can we characterize this? Why do they not lock on, how often, and why?

seems like useful information if we can nail down the root cause.
(16-08-2017, 05:41 PM)occalifornia Wrote:
(16-08-2017, 08:24 AM)legendofsounds Wrote:

Can we characterize this? Why do they not lock on, how often, and why?

seems like useful information if we can nail down the root cause.

educated guess would be there was a hardware change in the white model.
[Image: bender_dance_animate.gif] buena suerte consiguiendo este un folladoras [Image: bender_dance_animate.gif]