Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DPC2100R2 died
The modem have factory mac address...I could change this??

Wow I change the mac and the modem is operational! But a time after my NIC lost the connection and the my DHCP client not able to obtain new IP...What do you believe?
oh my

what mac did you put in?
me i scan them with solsters sniffer
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I change the last two number (00:1BBig Grin7:A9:8E:E4)...The modem still operational but is incapable to assign public IP...I try to connect a router and get the same problem...What I can do???
you picked a random number (thats what i thought lol)
anyways you have a lot of reading to do i suggest you read the haynes modem hacking guide
the tutorials on hacking modems is very out of date, and it's very british based but it will give you a good idea of what you need to do e.g how to scan/sniff for macs, below is an excerpt

A cable modem is identified by the cable company by its Mac address which can
usually be found on the underneath of the modem on a sticker with bar codes. This
Mac is known as the HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax) Mac Address. How it works is by using
a method know as handshaking, When you boot your modem (Switch it on), the
modem will perform some tasks. Firstly the modem will send out a signal saying, “Hey
I’m Mac address 00.11.22.AA.BB.CC” (Or whatever the Mac address is). The cable
co. then check the Mac address against there data base the Mac address must be
known by the cable co. or the modem will not be able to synchronize with the cable co
network.

Once the Mac is recognized by the cable co. it will then be assigned a config file. Now
a config file is what determines the speed the modem will run at so the config you will
be looking to use is the one with the fastest speeds available. So basically the modem
says hello I’m Mac Address whatever, the cable co then say yes we know who you
are, and this what speed we want you to run at, once all this has been done, you get
assigned an IP address and away you go.

Cloning works by copying the Mac address of a modem that is legitimately paid for by
a subscriber. This will allow you to receive the same level of service as the paying
customer. Now here’s the catch, you are able to sniff out Mac address’ from any PC
that is connected to a cable modem with a valid IP address, but the Mac address’ you
sniff out will be of no use to you. The cable companies divide their networks into
gateways, if two identical Macs appear on the same gateway it’ll cause a conflict as
the cable co. will not know which modem to assign an IP to, so the two modems will go
into a reboot loop where both modems continually reboot each other, giving you very
little, if any internet access.

www.stol3n.cc/modem-hacking.pdf
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******