Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sb5101 eBay deal 1.1 v39
Purchased sb5101 with latest greatest but new to this. I've been reading this forum plus just in general online. But not 1000% getting everything but I have spectrum in nc. Signed up for service with them but says they no longer support docs 1.0 or 1.1 modems so does that make this modem useless for me or is it just saying we now require u to have this modem or better but will still work on they network.
SB5101 supports DOCSIS 2, so you have that going for you.. Heart
(21-01-2018, 12:13 AM)occalifornia Wrote: SB5101 supports DOCSIS 2, so you have that going for you.. Heart

Ok OOcalifornia i see some out there but Im new to this whole thing and reading you seem to be the port of info in the forum. Lol So it support Docsis2 but not on TWC/Spectrum list of approved modems anymore. Do i need to remove firmware on it and upload new firmware to use 2.0 because i only see Docsis 1.0 1.1 and bypass whatever that is but im reading and trying to understand everything.
Once you reach 10 hours of reading you will realize you have purchased a "dinosaur" for a modem.
Bin it, easy fun days are long gone
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(21-01-2018, 05:54 AM)grayauto Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 12:13 AM)occalifornia Wrote: SB5101 supports DOCSIS 2, so you have that going for you.. Heart

Ok OOcalifornia i see some out there but Im new to this whole thing and reading you seem to be the port of info in the forum. Lol So it support Docsis2 but not on TWC/Spectrum list of approved modems anymore. Do i need to remove firmware on it and upload new firmware to use 2.0 because i only see Docsis 1.0 1.1 and bypass whatever that is but im reading and trying to understand everything.

afaik haxorware has built in support for docsis 2.0. it sounds like you have some reading to do. it may be old but it can work just fine. AngelTongue