Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a New MAC address? Please help..
Heart 
I have been using 2 modems, different models, running the haxorware program on my modems with different rev., using the same MAC address. Both are having the same problem. I'm kind of a noob in this are so can someone please help. I dont have internet so I have to go to a starbucks just to get internet so I can make this posting.

I used to have internet all the time. Once every 2 weeks or so I would change the last 2 letters/numbers on the HFC MAC, restart my modem and be up again for another 2 weeks. Now my modem keeps on ranging or scanning non-stop.

When going to the event log I see a few errors:

"Neg or Bad Reg Rsp - Reinitialize MAC"
"DHCP Warning Non-critical field invalid in response"
"T1 no Ucd Timeout-Reinitialize MAC No UCD's Received - Timeout"

I'm not 100% what this means.

Few questions:

1. Does this mean my MAC might have been blacklisted by Comcast?
2. Does this mean I need a new MAC Address?
3. When getting a new MAC address, do I just change the HFC MAC or do I need to change everything including the Ethernet MAC, USB MAC, Serial Number, etc?
4. Where can I get a new MAC address, a MAC sniffer?
5. When I get a new MAC address, do I change all the numbers in HFC MAC or just the last few numbers?

Can someone please help me, we have no internet, my wife needs it in order to study, and I can't afford it unfortunately with not having much money. Please help. Will be looking forward to all replies and will reply back right away. Desperate for good help. Thanks again everyone.
(28-10-2010, 02:35 AM)aroundtheworldtraders Wrote: I dont have internet so I have to go to a starbucks just to get internet so I can make this posting.

this is Theft of service (not the starbucks bit)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******