Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TM822A/G Modem Modification
Hi Everyone,

As you might or might not know, the Arris TM822A/G is a Puma5-based modem that is compatible with ForceWare 1.4b1-mod2. As of this moment, I haven't yet tried previous revisions of ForceWare on it.

For now, I wanted to open this thread so that if anyone has any of these modems and is having a bit of a difficult time figuring out where to start, maybe you could look here and it would help you.

I want to give a shoutout to user bakageta as he turned me onto these modems with a post from 2015. They have twice the RAM of an SB6141, but are not as well known nor are as supported as the SB6141.

The TM822G is a full Puma5 eMTA modem with battery backup 
The TM822A is the same modem without the battery backup. I'm not sure if it is just missing the battery or if it is missing the whole battery portion + charging component(s).

Anyways, attached to this post is an XML for the USBJTAG NT and the adjoining software, which I created after watching the boot process of the modem. 

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Attached Files
.zip   TM822AG.zip (Size: 407 bytes / Downloads: 118)
Here is the boot log if anyone is interested with:

U-Boot 1.2.0 (Jun 18 2012 - 21:31:53)
PSPU-Boot 1.2.1.61

Attached Files
.txt   TM822-BL.txt (Size: 16.79 KB / Downloads: 69)
Attached are the uboot, ubfi1 and ubfi2 images. I can boot them later if anyone wants to see which version numbers they are.

Attached Files
.bin   uboot.bin (Size: 128 KB / Downloads: 71)
.bin   ubfi1.bin (Size: 7.69 MB / Downloads: 53)
.bin   ubfi2.bin (Size: 7.69 MB / Downloads: 48)
nice happy to see any OC
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(28-07-2018, 04:53 PM)drewmerc Wrote: nice happy to see any OC

hey drew, thanks! I'm trying to keep it alive (somewhat).

There is a weird issue with this modem that after it becomes operational, it stops passing traffic through ethernet. I'm going to have to look into it. I'm using ForceWare 1.4b1-mod2 (I think those are all the correct numbers LOL)
(28-07-2018, 09:34 PM)LkBurn Wrote:

There is a weird issue with this modem that after it becomes operational, it stops passing traffic through ethernet. I'm going to have to look into it. I'm using ForceWare 1.4b1-mod2 (I think those are all the correct numbers LOL)

There's an issue with these modems and forceware, you can't use  8x4 mode because it wont pass traffic or it will at terrible speeds (very very slow) it only works in 4X4 mode, mforce knew of the issue and has the solution but then SBH went offline
(28-07-2018, 09:57 PM)Wichin12 Wrote:
(28-07-2018, 09:34 PM)LkBurn Wrote:

There's an issue with these modems and forceware, you can't use  8x4 mode because it wont pass traffic or it will at terrible speeds (very very slow) it only works in 4X4 mode, mforce knew of the issue and has the solution but then SBH went offline

Wichin12, when you say these modems, do you mean only the TM822A/G or the old Arris (before Arris/Motorola) modems in general? I have yet to try this modem in 4x4 mode. That might solve the issue for now.

Is there any other modem with this problem?
[quote pid='35487' dateline='1532817262']
Wichin12, when you say these modems, do you mean only the TM822A/G or the old Arris (before Arris/Motorola) modems in general? I have yet to try this modem in 4x4 mode. That might solve the issue for now.

[/quote]

I'm referring  to the TM822A/G modems only
(29-07-2018, 12:49 AM)Wichin12 Wrote: [quote pid='35487' dateline='1532817262']

I'm referring  to the TM822A/G modems only
[/quote]

Wichin12,  I turned down the number of channels for downstream from 8 to 4 and even to 1. With 1, I was able to get network traffic to pass, but at a whopping 0.5Mbps. 

With 4 DS chans, I wasn't able to get traffic to pass on ethernet, but it definitely locks and data flows because I can see the activity LEDs. I'm going to have to do more investigation on this modem.

For now, I wouldn't recommend this modem, but I included the files for anyone that might be looking at it. I might try with an earlier version of forceware to see how it reacts.
hey, buddy can I use this XML with dg860? I'm trying to put alpha on it.