Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is password required to extract certs and mac
Hello,

I am newbie.   Tongue

Couple questions, please help.

1. Is login password to modem required in order to extract certs and mac? using the tool JTAG utility and cmnonexpv
2. in order to use JTAG utility, do i have to buy JTAG hardware component and solder it to modem? what is JTAG component to use with sb6141? may i have link please.
2. For a working sub modem, if i extra cert and mac, will this modem become unusable?
3. I see people saying full dump, what is dump? 

Thank you
(19-03-2019, 08:18 PM)earth890 Wrote: Hello,

I am newbie.   Tongue

1. Is login password to modem required in order to extract certs and mac? using the tool JTAG utility and cmnonexpv
2. in order to use JTAG utility, do i have to buy JTAG hardware component and solder it to modem? what is JTAG component to use with sb6141? may i have link please.
2. For a working sub modem, if i extra cert and mac, will this modem become unusable?

Thank you

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
4) the entire contents of the memory
1 no
2 yes, http://usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php
3 no
4 when you read your modem with the jtag you will get the full dump

buy yourself the jtag nt and you will be able to read your modem and clone it to the other one or open the full dump with binwalk and extract the certs
(20-03-2019, 01:33 AM)occalifornia Wrote:
(19-03-2019, 08:18 PM)earth890 Wrote: Hello,

I am newbie.   Tongue

Thank you

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No
4) the entire contents of the memory

thank you for the answers
your answer to first question is different than other's answer. 
I see people saying blackcat JTAG, and i found this on ebay, does this one work as well? it is cheaper than USBJTAG. 
Is JTAG hardware component detachable? do i need to solder and desolder every time on different modem? thank you so much
Oh sorry for 1) I meant No. Smile

I think USBJTAGNT is better or lets you connect to more chips.

You need to solder.
(20-03-2019, 02:03 AM)babyoche Wrote: 1 no
2 yes, http://usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php
3 no
4 when you read your modem with the jtag you will get the full dump

buy yourself the jtag nt and you will be able to read your modem and clone it to the other one or open the full dump with binwalk and extract the certs

thank you for the answers
your answer to first question is different than other's answer. 
I see people saying blackcat JTAG, and i found this on ebay, does this one work as well? it is cheaper than USBJTAG.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackcat-USB-SP...Sw9N1VqMpw
Is JTAG hardware component detachable? do i need to solder and desolder every time on different modem? thank you so much
(20-03-2019, 02:51 AM)occalifornia Wrote: Oh sorry for 1) I meant No. Smile

You need to solder.

thanks.
i forgot to post blackcat link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackcat-USB-SP...Sw9N1VqMpw
(20-03-2019, 02:51 AM)occalifornia Wrote: Oh sorry for 1) I meant No. Smile

You need to solder.

hi,
another question. can USBJTAG use with modems running stock firmware to retrieve certs and dump? or it can only be used with modems running custom firmware? thanks
first you need to understand what is a jtag and what is used for, do some google.
jtag is not just for modems