Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrum Internet
Hi everyone so I had bought a modded modem from someone who came and set it up it worked fine for about 6 months then the light on the modem Sb6121 started blinking the receiving light. Then I unplugged the box and left it like that for about 3 days and when I was about to throw it away I decided to plug it in one more time and to my surprise it gave out internet again but only for like 6-7 hours and shut off again. Any ideas on how to get it back to work?
By the way the signal came back this morning and has been on let’s see how long.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Base on the pic I think the signal to the modem is weak. These modems are very sensitive and needs a strong signal to work I have had this problem in the past. I would suggest that you check from the outside of the house all the way to the modem and check to see how many splitters are connected (dividing the cable) too many splitters will cause the signal to drop considerably. Also splitter output shouldn’t be any higher than 3.5db hopes this helps
Spectrum change the system no longer will work they will band your mac address and add your modem to their blacklist
Best IPTV app. You can download the app its APK file
Dragon
So is dragon good, bad, or old?
Spectrum updated something a few days ago. Most or every of this kind of modems are not working. Basically , you will see your upstream light off(not working).
My upstream light went off and I unplugged it for about 3 days the. When I was about to go throw it away I decide to plug back in one last time and it went back on so it’s been on for 2 days going on the 3rd let’s see how long it stays one thing I did notice was the IP address changing when I logged in to the router not the modem the route settings. Any one know why that might have happened?