Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrum Activation Page
Hey All,

Happy New Year Everyone,

I've had a Docsis 3.0 modem working on charter for over a year now, with a docsis 2.0 modem as a backup, over the holidays both modems stopped working. At first it was the docsis 2.0 modem, upon connection it would connect just fine and show up as active but the pages would not load with the message "not safe, somebody might be stealing your info" and occasional redirections to spectrum activation page. Now the same things started happening with the docsis 3.0 modem. It's an arris 6141. I've had something similar a couple of months ago, changing the DNS address seemed to help and bypass that page and make the modem usable again, now it simply does not work.

Just want to see if anybody has experienced this and if there's a way around this. I would greatly appreciate any help. 

TL;DR - modem connects just fine, all seems active, getting "Website not secure in chrome message, and redirects to spectrum activation page".

Thanks!
Your modem is not authorized. You're getting redirected to the Activation page so you can activate your modem with your ISP. In other words, whatever cert was on your modem is no longer valid.
(12-01-2020, 01:10 AM)GraphicsGuy2 Wrote: Hey All,

Happy New Year Everyone,

I've had a Docsis 3.0 modem working on charter for over a year now, with a docsis 2.0 modem as a backup, over the holidays both modems stopped working. At first it was the docsis 2.0 modem, upon connection it would connect just fine and show up as active but the pages would not load with the message "not safe, somebody might be stealing your info" and occasional redirections to spectrum activation page. Now the same things started happening with the docsis 3.0 modem. It's an arris 6141. I've had something similar a couple of months ago, changing the DNS address seemed to help and bypass that page and make the modem usable again, now it simply does not work.

Just want to see if anybody has experienced this and if there's a way around this. I would greatly appreciate any help. 

TL;DR - modem connects just fine, all seems active, getting "Website not secure in chrome message, and redirects to spectrum activation page".

Thanks!

Charter zapped / killed / blacklisted the certs on your modems. It's in a walled garden so you can activate them.
ah, figured that something like that might have happened. Thanks a bunch guys. Where would one go about finding/trading new certs these days? Wink afaik the subnet is disabled in most places these days ;/
So, interested in a little swabbing are you...?
Check your settings. The same provider changed all my settings. They also changed the color of my status lights
as far as i know i live in Charter area the only way to get it to work is by cloning 
a valid account/ Modem the problem with this is that as soon as the owner of that account 
cancels service you go down with it ! 

so i had to get a valid account my self 
i had to be updating it every year for $200 
and the very last time it kept going out
so i gave up! had to get ISP no choice

GraphicsGuy2Hey All,

Happy New Year Everyone,

Thanks!