Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A simple request..
(11-04-2020, 04:23 AM)neo_ Wrote: Fed Alert

Not a Fed, not really asking anything illegal, I am trying to figure out this out for research/market analysis purposes. Not everyone on this site is up here for "networking purposes." All im asking is how many people are utilizing each provider, and if you could switch why / why not. I see numerous topics about this about the Four Three major Cell Carriers so why not ISP's? No need to be paranoid friend.....just trying to start something new

Let me be 1st to take part in this hopefully this grows.. By far I have used TWC, Spectrum, and Cox. By far from my own experience TWC has had the best reliable internet service. Spectrum promotions were very aggressive when TWC switched over to them. I received numerous unwanted calls from their customer service department, wanting me to bundle their streaming service, on weekends as well telling me I should bundle my services. They only carter to new customers, and leave longtime customers with outrageous bills. What I could mentioned about Cox is not much since I used them the shortest out of the 3 (1 year) but their internet service was ok for the most part sometimes the internet went out during the rain, and I noticed a little throttling during peak hours, but this was also to the effect that I lived in a metropolitan city while using Cox, but I hated the fact that they were quickly adding hidden fees to my bill, and long wait times on the phone. Their line of approved modems were also much smaller than that of TWC/Spectrum. On Speedtest their was alot of ping in their lines too.

Now onto why I preferred TWC ISP out of the 3. Back when they were around had reliable service, and when I needed their technicians they resolved issues 24-48 hours and they didn't charge for them to arrive at residences on weekdays. Internet Connectivity rate was about 95%. Internet would only go down if major storm hit. To switch I unplugged everything anyway. They also had reasonable prices on their internet packages. To which they had 6 for those of you that could remember...

(1) Everyday Low Price
(2) Basic
(3)Standard
(4)Turbo
(5)Extreme
(6)Ultimate

And at some point in time TWC even upgraded all these plans by sending out letters saying they were going to do it at no extra cost, Ultimate used to be 50MB and it jumped to 300MB Speed which was insane for that time...all the plans jumped up speed but not price... but I believe this was due to the birth of Google Fiber.. Too bad I never got a chance to enjoy them as i was never in there area? If I had to choose my choice from experience would be TWC...I did receive the most perks from them...Hopefully someone that has used Google Fiber could post some input from expierience. (Preferably customers of their $70 Gigabit plan)..
ARSENAL
Arris Motorola Surfboard Gateway 6580 
CISCO® Model DPQ3925 Wifi Gateway w/ Embedded Digital Voice Adapter
Arris Motorola Surfboard Gateway 6782-AC 
Ubee DDW36C Cable Wifi Modem Gateway

Messages In This Thread
A simple request.. - by sidewayz - 10-04-2020, 01:57 AM
RE: A simple request.. - by neo_ - 11-04-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: A simple request.. - by sidewayz - 11-04-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: A simple request.. - by testicals - 14-04-2020, 03:21 AM
RE: A simple request.. - by sidewayz - 15-04-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: A simple request.. - by newname - 14-04-2020, 06:35 PM