Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB 6141 modem troubleshooting
So the modem has forceware and its been working fine for a while it just stop working and the online light just blinks now and the send blue light just doesnt blink at all like before. It restarts it self every min .
Keep seeing people say it works then it doesn't work...
Everyone still down??
Still down for me
Same branch, same MAC appears at the same time?
i'm having the same issue on one particular house!
works fine for a few Days then world symbol just blinks none stop!, looses Internet
and the one above it doesn't turn on at all then i just won't work again!
i inspected my SB6141 and noticed 6.3v capacitors were blown i wonder whats causing it Any ideas?
its the third Modem that goes out but the first time I've noticed resistors went bad 
i ordered new ones to replace them hopefully that gets me back up and running

however does anyone have any Ideas why would this particular house may be blowing them ? 

had it running at 300mb next mod i will set it at 100mbs  to see if that makes a difference 

Thanks
How many have u tried?
Actually, I tried my 6141 at my friends house in a different zip code and it worked for me.
ISP's are sending cap-blow "bullets" down the line now. Similar to what the cable company has been doing for years. Just put your ear close to your 6141's...usually shortly after midnight. If you hear nothing out of the ordinary...then you missed the "bullet"....but your main data caps are definitely blown.....
(22-04-2020, 04:42 AM)memyselfni Wrote: How many have u tried?

i tried 3, third Box was moved to a different place and it worked, second has blown resistors