Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why cant i snmp my 5101 with haxorware
i know i can snmp it before it is operational, but once its operational snmp is off. why does it do it when i unticked the disable snmp agent after registration? I need to be able to snmp into it after its operational too. i went into telnet but the snmp folder wont even open cd /s ... help me out please. i can snmp into my sb5100 no problem after registration... what am i missing with the sb5101 (interesting thing though is that it also blocked the snmp port with virgin/original firmware) would it be possible to set a read only setting for the snmp parameters so once it is registered it cannot be changed and snmp will stay on? i did use the correct community string. i snmp modems other modems no problem, and obviously i cant snmp them if i have the wrong string...
hmm, ok, so i tried again on the sb5100 and realized that the hfc ip that dhcp force was giving me was wrong. i scanned for certs with fastcert and my hfc ip was different. i was able to snmpwalk then using the correct ip. i was unable to snmpwalk using 192.168.100.1 even if i set my ethernet adapter to 192.168.100.10 and gateway to 192.168.100.1 funny thing is in sigma x2 i have factory mode disabled BUT i still have factory mibs enabled, which doesn't make any sense, i even did the snmpset for 29.0 to 1 and when i restart it it goes back to 2 and factory mibs are still open, i dont like that. i guess i will try to put a virgin dump and replace the virgin certs... maybe then factory mibs will be blocked, but my isp isn't pushing firmware upgrades for the sb5100 (i think) so if they did a long time ago I dont know which is the last version i should be using. oh well... now to figure out what my real hfc ip is on the sb5101...
guys it still does not work, well, i didn't find my sb5101 by scanning near the hfp ip ranges like i do on the sb5100 to find it. its just not there, could it be because sb5101 is hiding its hfc ip? i disabled everything in the /n/s/ folder, my modem should have been wide open. i even did an update to hax 39 again (for some reason my old one didn't have the static ip tab... i scanned on ports 161 162 225 and even 226 using all 3 community strings, with everything in the snmp folder disabled within a pretty good ip range and it just would not find my modem, actually i think snmp scanning 161 comes up with nothing no matter what, could it be that the configs are changing my snmp port to 161 and the isp is filtering 161 or something? help
ok, so i went to another node where bpi disabled doesn't work. and 161 is wide open, the stuff you can find here, wow Big Grin
i tried pming you, but how do you use buzzcert?
Buzzcert: Put cert.txt in "In" folder, run Runme.exe
check out "Out" folder
(09-11-2011, 02:06 AM)badinstincts Wrote: ok, so i went to another node where bpi disabled doesn't work. and 161 is wide open, the stuff you can find here, wow Big Grin

Most likely you won't get any results from scanning, as you will only be able to detect CMs in Factory mode, and that is very rare. Factory mode is pretty much disabled in sub cm's, so if you get any certs is from hacked CMs lol...

GL with the scanning.
(06-11-2011, 03:55 AM)badinstincts Wrote: i know i can snmp it before it is operational, but once its operational snmp is off. why does it do it when i unticked the disable snmp agent after registration? I need to be able to snmp into it after its operational too. i went into telnet but the snmp folder wont even open cd /s ... help me out please. i can snmp into my sb5100 no problem after registration... kinitopet what am i missing with the sb5101 (interesting thing though is that it also blocked the snmp port with virgin/original firmware) would it be possible to set a read only setting for the snmp parameters so once it is registered it cannot be changed and snmp will stay on?  i did use the correct community string. i snmp modems other modems no problem, and obviously i cant snmp them if i have the wrong string...

It sounds like your modem is playing hide and seek with SNMP! Maybe it's trying to keep things mysterious. Have you tried asking nicely?