Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with SB5101 - telnet logs included
Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble getting my tester to come online.. instead of going around and around without posting proper logs, I took the opportunity to grab 2 telnet logs to help diagnose. I have one log of the modem running with my tester account, and one log with the modem running a completely bogus mac/account (which it tries to send a config file for people without accounts, etc).

Can anyone help me out getting my legit tester online? I've been able to pull down a vm1.1 config from the TFTP server here, so it would appear that you can still run 1.1 in the area for the moment. Am I missing something obvious here? Still learning...

One thing that shows up in these captures that looks especially interesting is Bandwidth request failure! Status = 0

Also, about the SNMP crashing.. I am reading this is possibly fixed by downgrading the firmware to LITE? Is this the symptom that matches? Finally.. are the cable providers PURPOSELY sending over sized buffers to 'mess' with us?

Thanks!!

Good Account (modified macs/ips) http://pastebin.com/ygV0tbzE
Fake Account (modified macs/ips) http://pastebin.com/94BwkUYz

EDIT: Adding Haxorware settings, anything listed is either on, or needs explanation:
Settings:
..Disable Firmware Upgrades
..Force Network Access
..Tftp Enforce Bypass
..Disable IP Filters on startup

Frequencies: Valid, obtained from other working modem. No problems ranging

Addresses: Everything in order here..

Config File: I left everything blank and disabled here, however I've been able to acquire any of the configs in this area and can force them to run if needed..

Baseline Privacy:
..BPI+ Docsis 1.1

Static IP:
..Boxes unchecked, however I cant erase the IP addresses in the boxes on this page (minor bug in haxorware?)
Stealth:
..Override hardware version
..Override Bootloader Revision
..SNMP Server Port normal
..Disable SNMP after registration
..Redirect SNMP traps (0.0.0.0)

well 90% of the time i use lite unless it's an spi based modem

1st thing that sticks out is why is the tftp server different?
2nd why do they both say they are crashing and rebooting

there are way to many differences between the 2 outputs to come to any reasonable conclusions, it's like i'm looking at 2 different networks, when testing i make the 2 modems as similar as possible, i start with only difference is the mac/certs and make sure both work and then i start deviating by making one change at a time each time comparing the 2 telnet logs

[Image: mBeQW.gif]
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Sorry, I wasn't more clear - I did rough job of /sed/'ing numbers to replace them with 'realistic' looking IP addresses to try and not confuse things.. Guess I failed there haha! So basically, all of the IP addresses in both logs are the same (except for the offered IP address via DHCP, the unsubscribed modem was handed an internal address for obvious reasons). I didnt have the foresight to make that more obvious. The MAC addresses are also completely fake/obfuscated. (sorry, Im paranoid) Wink

I can assure you that the IP addresses for the TFTP servers were the same. The compare in the GIF you posted shows the SLFR config being pushed, which is the config that I assume is pushed down to customers who have bought a cable modem at a Best Buy and didn't activate service yet. The config on the left is a configuration that tries to be pushed to the modem from TFTP for a legitimate account being tested.

As far as the crashing goes, this is something new and I think it's extremely relevant. It didn't happen in the past that I know of, so I am thinking this is what could be the source of my issues. I'm going to go ahead and install LITE tonight and post some results. It sounds like LITE has a smaller footprint on the memory so it should allow room for whatever the cableco is trying to push to my modem.

EDIT: Just want to say thanks for helping out, I appreciate it a lot