Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP! certs
(06-10-2011, 09:28 AM)xlidavidilx Wrote: If I grab certs or a 2mb dump from a working 1.0 DOCSIS and use it in a forced 1.1 DOCSIS area, will it work? or no?

Yes, as long as the mac and the certs originated from the SAME/sub modem and used as a matching pair. I have tested it, and it works. BTW, don't overuse the matching pair, as this is the best way to get the mac addy banned.

(06-10-2011, 11:43 AM)Mordeth Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 09:28 AM)xlidavidilx Wrote: If I grab certs or a 2mb dump from a working 1.0 DOCSIS and use it in a forced 1.1 DOCSIS area, will it work? or no?

Yes, as long as the mac and the certs originated from the SAME/sub modem and used as a matching pair. I have tested it, and it works. BTW, don't overuse the matching pair, as this is the best way to get the mac addy banned.

hmm i just realized something.. but if I were to get it from that modem.. and I already plugged in the modem to an area that can use 1.0 and unplug and bring it to a already that is forced 1.1 and plug that in and it doesn't not work? If I used the same modem, should it work? How would saving the dump be any different?

(06-10-2011, 12:32 PM)xlidavidilx Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 11:43 AM)Mordeth Wrote:

hmm i just realized something.. but if I were to get it from that modem.. and I already plugged in the modem to an area that can use 1.0 and unplug and bring it to a already that is forced 1.1 and plug that in and it doesn't not work? If I used the same modem, should it work? How would saving the dump be any different?
Just use the mac/certs from the SB5100's that you capture and forget the certs from the SB4100's (only Doc 1.0,since your objective is to use on Doc 1.1). If you were lucky, the config's from the SB5100's were mostly Doc 1.1, so use the results you get from the SB5100's.
(06-10-2011, 12:32 PM)xlidavidilx Wrote: hmm i just realized something.. but if I were to get it from that modem.. and I already plugged in the modem to an area that can use 1.0 and unplug and bring it to a already that is forced 1.1 and plug that in and it doesn't not work? If I used the same modem, should it work? How would saving the dump be any different?

if it dont work when you move it from 1 node to another it wont work when you clone the certs
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(06-10-2011, 12:52 PM)drewmerc Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 12:32 PM)xlidavidilx Wrote: hmm i just realized something.. but if I were to get it from that modem.. and I already plugged in the modem to an area that can use 1.0 and unplug and bring it to a already that is forced 1.1 and plug that in and it doesn't not work? If I used the same modem, should it work? How would saving the dump be any different?

if it dont work when you move it from 1 node to another it wont work when you clone the certs
okay that is what I thought, thanks for the clarification.