Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5101 Corrupt HFC Cert
Hello all,

Was on sbhacker for a while but guess its gone now. Anyways, I'm having a issue with a 5101, it appears there is either no HFC MAC cert or its corrupt.

Haxorware does not show me the copy from certificate button and the mac on the bottom does not work. I pulled a 2mb dump and put it into SBtools. It showed me the serial number showed on the bottom of the modem but for the HFC MAC it showed 22:33:44:55:66:77 Odd.

But anyways, I'm looking to get a hold of a program that extracts certs from 2mb dumps so I can add the certs from another dump into the modem without having to reflash a whole 2mb dump.

As far as I know its called cmnonxp2mb.rar I can't find it anymore online since this website called psptron or whatever is now gone. Apparently that app takes a 2mb dump and pulls the cert files from it.

I then plan to upload those certs into haxorware so that I get a working modem again. This was a ebay buy and I don't have a dump from before this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(08-10-2011, 06:30 AM)nh5 Wrote: Hello all,

Was on sbhacker for a while but guess its gone now. Anyways, I'm having a issue with a 5101, it appears there is either no HFC MAC cert or its corrupt.

Haxorware does not show me the copy from certificate button and the mac on the bottom does not work. I pulled a 2mb dump and put it into SBtools. It showed me the serial number showed on the bottom of the modem but for the HFC MAC it showed 22:33:44:55:66:77 Odd.

But anyways, I'm looking to get a hold of a program that extracts certs from 2mb dumps so I can add the certs from another dump into the modem without having to reflash a whole 2mb dump.

As far as I know its called cmnonxp2mb.rar I can't find it anymore online since this website called psptron or whatever is now gone. Apparently that app takes a 2mb dump and pulls the cert files from it.

I then plan to upload those certs into haxorware so that I get a working modem again. This was a ebay buy and I don't have a dump from before this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cmnonexp is to extract the certs from the non-vol portion and not the whole 2mb dump. What you are looking for is SBtools, which does what you have described.

Attached Files
.zip   SBTools.zip (Size: 210.44 KB / Downloads: 224)
cmnonexp1.1 will work on 2mb dumps anyways i did a nice gif showing how to extract the nonvol from a 2mb dump here http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-9...ml#pid5188

also psptron is not gone (skippy let the domain name lapse and lost it) so it's now called www.modatron.com
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
nice gif
modatro admin is the worst host around
thanks for the responses guys. Was able to find the files on modatron buried. But anyways, got a new set of certs in passes BPI+ and authorizes but the modem won't provide the computer with a isp IP address. DHCP works and gets a 192.168.100.11 address when the modem first boots but then it basically locks up ones the online light goes green and I don't get a IP. Guessing I'm gonna have to reflash it anyways or could there be something else I'm missing.