Haxorware Forums

Full Version: Pre-modded modem on my paid for internet connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(28-08-2012, 01:17 PM)torro32 Wrote: [ -> ]you don't have to know the private string to find out the shared secret.

What are the other ways to download a config from a CMTS?

Use some standalone CM config downloader.
(28-08-2012, 09:02 PM)torro32 Wrote: [ -> ]Use some standalone CM config downloader.

That get's rejected at the cmts because I don't have the dynamic shared phrase for that file.
(28-08-2012, 11:33 PM)sinusoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-08-2012, 09:02 PM)torro32 Wrote: [ -> ]Use some standalone CM config downloader.

That get's rejected at the cmts because I don't have the dynamic shared phrase for that file.

You don't need dynamic shared phrase to download a config. You need it to make changes to config and make it valid.
What abmjr meant is that config file names are dynamic (random).

Downloading a config file (a file for your modem) from the CMTS and a config (the settings for the CMTS itself) for the CMTS are two different things.

See here.

[attachment=499]

[attachment=500]

I have removed all the good stuff. So there shouldn't be any worries. I least I hope not.
(29-08-2012, 09:01 AM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Downloading a config file (a file for your modem) from the CMTS and a config (the settings for the CMTS itself) for the CMTS are two different things.

See here.

I have removed all the good stuff. So there should be any worries. I least I hope not.

Torro,

Thanks - my understanding from the literature is that the shared phrase changes each time the config file dynamically changes -- so they are both "dynamic"

SlowGrind -- I imagine that getting the CMTS config file would be very difficult without having actual access to the CMTS, correct?
It's not easy.. at least not for me.
Sinusoid please point me to the right direction, in what specific literature did you read it?
here...

Read till your nose bleeds..

We refer to it as the CMTS MIC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/cm...rdmic.html
Haha -- thanks abmjr ...

In any case, now if I could just do something about it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4