Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2
Hello there I am trying to connect to the internet using a DPC2100R2( Scientific Atlanta)haxorware installed modem.I have successfully uploaded the config file with the desired Download & Upload speeds.

But if I try connecting to the internet it fails.I have tried to access the information from the overview link available from the URL- http://192.168.100.1 and I get messages like trying..scanning... and eventually the internet just doesn't work.

Is there a way the ISP can find out about the firmware in the modem and is there a way the ISP can come to know the make of the modem??

If I try deleting the haxorware config file and the autoserve config file then,the new config file obtained from the ISP server contains the old default values and the modem works and I am able to connect to the Internet.

But as just described above If I try uploading my own modified config file the modem just fails to connect to the internet!!

Is there anything that I am missing?? about how to correctly load the config file?? or any other setting in Haxorware??. I was able to connect to the Internet using my own config file for almost 6 months,but now since I had disconnected the Internet this issue has come up....

Please let me know if there is a way to put the modem back online using the modified config file.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2 - by sayonee - 19-01-2012, 09:56 AM