Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2
(19-01-2012, 09:56 AM)sayonee Wrote: Hello there I am trying to connect to the internet using a DPC2100R2( Scientific Atlanta)haxorware installed modem.I have successfully uploaded the config file with the desired Download & Upload speeds.

But if I try connecting to the internet it fails.I have tried to access the information from the overview link available from the URL- http://192.168.100.1 and I get messages like trying..scanning... and eventually the internet just doesn't work.

Is there a way the ISP can find out about the firmware in the modem and is there a way the ISP can come to know the make of the modem??

If I try deleting the haxorware config file and the autoserve config file then,the new config file obtained from the ISP server contains the old default values and the modem works and I am able to connect to the Internet.

But as just described above If I try uploading my own modified config file the modem just fails to connect to the internet!!

Is there anything that I am missing?? about how to correctly load the config file?? or any other setting in Haxorware??. I was able to connect to the Internet using my own config file for almost 6 months,but now since I had disconnected the Internet this issue has come up....

Please let me know if there is a way to put the modem back online using the modified config file.

Thanks

You are in BPI + with tftp enforce now. So you cannot anymore force your own faster config. I believe what you have now is just your normal tier that is sub to that modem mac address, if it's even your own sub. If you want to have faster speed , then you need to pay more to have faster speed or you need to look for faster prov cert not from your node but near you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2 - by jackass - 23-01-2012, 03:04 PM