Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motorola sb5101 modem unable to connect to internet.
(22-07-2012, 06:52 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Your signal is just barely within spec. Remove as many splitters as possible or better yet, do a straight run of quality rg6 (coax cable) from the modem to the house tap, bypassing the rest of the house. Tv can run on a weak signal but your modem will only tolerate so much noise.
idk if signal has anything to do with it, the modem is connected direct to a spliter that's from the main cable. So its only the tv and modem connected to our tv. Also a while back had a technician came over to fix an issue we were having our cable cause the tv was very unstable. Kept saying no signal to contact provider.since the tv wasn't function right the internet was not stable also. Guy said signal was too high, and if was too high would not work right after he made the adjustment everything was up and runing perfectly. Up until a few days ago the modem d\c and was unable to fully reconnect since. And main reason why thought might be some new security by my provider, mine and many others who are using the uncap modded modem went down around same day. Also when I reconnect my sub modem the one was provided by my isp. Unbricked unmod, within secons after connecting it to the cable and booting was
Fully connect and online. Can't go online on it cause not subscribe to internet from them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: motorola sb5101 modem unable to connect to internet. - by toooslim - 22-07-2012, 11:42 AM