Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to get back to uncapping
(26-01-2014, 01:56 PM)skyhigh Wrote: Did u even bother to look at the first sticky thread lol or use the search button

Sure thing, I've read the sticky Smile
But unfortunately it's a bit too... short.
Well Yes, it answers my first question, but only partly. It says that i need an usbjtag nt, but it is far too expensive for me. It would cost 6 times more, that i paid for the modem, or cover four and a half months of my internet plan payment Big Grin

I need an advice from semi-advanced user, who would point me out, for example that all i need to complete my two tasks (backup & mac change), is a simple rs232 with converter to usb. Or maybe they would tell me, that the serial cable is insufficient?

I still don't know what those ten years have brought, and what do You guys use right now. I am lurking here, but the info seems to be scattered, and it lacks of tutorials/manuals Sad

Seems to me that the uncapping scene is a bit more dead - many forums are closed or want a monthly fee, theres no "free" DOCSIS 3.0 firmware, most of the tutorials are outdated Sad

(26-01-2014, 03:14 PM)neo_ Wrote: Do not expect anyone to answer those questions. Besides possibly users possessing identical knowledge to yourself.

Ouch Confused Well thats bad... So i guess i will have to try to figure things out myself, hoping that i will not fry the modem Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
I want to get back to uncapping - by ciul90 - 25-01-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I want to get back to uncapping - by neo_ - 26-01-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: I want to get back to uncapping - by neo_ - 26-01-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: I want to get back to uncapping - by neo_ - 26-01-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: I want to get back to uncapping - by drewmerc - 26-01-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: I want to get back to uncapping - by C3PBRO - 12-03-2014, 10:09 AM