Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Charter Mac/Cert request...
(31-01-2017, 08:41 AM)occalifornia Wrote:
(30-01-2017, 01:57 AM)throwawayfastcert Wrote: Hello all!

You know it, new to the community but I get the general idea. Looking for a charter mac/certification donation. I can provide Mac's (but no certs) for my area via DHCP force(surprised it still works for charter?)... I've tried fastcert but no luck. I know security standards have been updated alot this last year. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if I cannot get a cert from someone. I was thinking of registering my haxorware modem to my charter account, replacing the provided modem. Downloading config and modifying. How long do you think until I get a ban? Does charter even monitor registered modem's speeds? Another ISP is deploying fiber in my area, gigabit for 250 bucks, so if I get banned by charter I'm not sunk in the mud. Just dont want a legal trouble. Really just trying to do this for fun.

Anyway, thanks!

Once you modify the config file, it will fail a hashcheck from the ISP and it will be rejected.

If you were to go up to high tier with his own modem assuming its dynamic, could he just keep old dynamic if he droppedĀ back down?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Charter Mac/Cert request... - by mastervirus - 27-02-2020, 01:45 AM