Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metadata exchanged by CM during/after provisioning
Ok, thanks for info, although my goal isn't make my modem invisible or anonymous to ISP. It's the opposite, actually. Unfortunatelly, I don't live in US or Germany, where ISPs allow to connect your own modem. There are only 3 supported, which in my opinion is a big mistake, due to enormous security flaws, which are present in every modem, because they use identical firmware. Example: Alcatel OLTs' flashes were fully erased (along with bootloader), resulting in major internet inaccesibility, because that was one of TWO supported models for comms in GPoN. I can't change the MAC, CVC, nor serial without having the right private key, but I DO have it. So I think the proper question to ask is: can I force the forceWare (Hm... Interesting expression) to send the DOCSIS data, which I have access to (phisycally, I can dump the ISP moemd's flash)? As I understand, the ISP can check this info only when authenticating (DHCP and TFTP req) and later (after provisioning) using SNMP over their internal network, which I can simply block. Is this correct?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metadata exchanged by CM during/after provisioning - by RadLys - 15-05-2019, 12:09 PM