Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extracted firmware of my SBG901 from MX Flash , now how can I extract CERTS?
just wait till you end up with a computer without a printer port, you end up with a choice of buying a usbjtag or building your own, i built my own damn it was hard but fun (tho now i'd say buy a bus blaster greatest usb jtag/spi thing out there)
anyways why i'm a writing and now working on your dump i'm having my 3rd smoke and a brew (i smoke alot when thinking)
as i dont beleave usbjtag will extract the cfg i tryed will a proper dump as well and the cfg showed up as blank
but looking at the hex i'm sure it's there so after my smoke i'll try ripping it manually
yep it's there, in ghex(sorry linux user) is your dump and in usbjtag(nonvol tab) is a 5101 2mb dump
so i look for a key part of the dump that exists in all nonvols "CMAp" and if you scroll down you'll see "FACT" then scroll some more and you'll see the first config
working out how to extract the config means looking at a 5101 dump and counting up from CMAp to the start then doing the same in you dump and cutting it out to the same size (that sounds a lot more complicated than what it is)
[Image: 9Cwy5.png]

so now i know it's possible to extract the config and extract the certs (but you already have them) as for activating factory mode you could extract the config flash to an haxor modem and activate factory mode dump it and copy paste it back (no idea about this bit)

anyways i got to go to work running late now cause i was having fun (also i think theres more than 1 nonvol in your dump)
i dont want to go to work i want to play
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extracted firmware of my SBG901 from MX Flash , now how can I extract CERTS? - by drewmerc - 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM