Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with SB5101 - telnet logs included
Sorry, I wasn't more clear - I did rough job of /sed/'ing numbers to replace them with 'realistic' looking IP addresses to try and not confuse things.. Guess I failed there haha! So basically, all of the IP addresses in both logs are the same (except for the offered IP address via DHCP, the unsubscribed modem was handed an internal address for obvious reasons). I didnt have the foresight to make that more obvious. The MAC addresses are also completely fake/obfuscated. (sorry, Im paranoid) Wink

I can assure you that the IP addresses for the TFTP servers were the same. The compare in the GIF you posted shows the SLFR config being pushed, which is the config that I assume is pushed down to customers who have bought a cable modem at a Best Buy and didn't activate service yet. The config on the left is a configuration that tries to be pushed to the modem from TFTP for a legitimate account being tested.

As far as the crashing goes, this is something new and I think it's extremely relevant. It didn't happen in the past that I know of, so I am thinking this is what could be the source of my issues. I'm going to go ahead and install LITE tonight and post some results. It sounds like LITE has a smaller footprint on the memory so it should allow room for whatever the cableco is trying to push to my modem.

EDIT: Just want to say thanks for helping out, I appreciate it a lot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble with SB5101 - telnet logs included - by blackoot - 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM