Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
increasing speeds
I have an old arris TM402 that was purchased through a friend who worked for TWC and has been active for the last 2+ years . I only get 12mb down and I was wondering how I can tweak this or increase the speed. I have a couple of cable modems at my disposal, a SB5101U and SBG6580.

I have a flashcat JTAG and soldering skills so getting the modem flashed and what not shouldn't be an issue but where to go beyond that is where I seem to be struggling. Can I just clone the info from one modem to another and be good to go or is it going to require something more in depth? Just trying to understand what I'm in store for.

thank you!
What are my options then? Can I modify the .cfg file to increase things with the current modem or am I stuck?
Motherfucker? Really? Just because I don't know what I'm talking about yet doesn't mean you have to be such an ass. I get that you might be jaded but we all started somewhere. Thanks for the help.
Much like can be seen in this video from GCC (ghetto cable connection) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K77Go6Y_awA , as our benevolent leader and the King Wizard Gucci Mane said, we're a bunch of wierdo's and queerdo's, just have to get used to people like coxsis_lover and yours truly.

Dont take it too hard on your anus, you'll be ok otherwise.
I'm not too butthurt, lol. thanks Smile
Well, if your ISP by any miracle allows you to do that, then you can tweak some parameters in the config to "get more speed". Are those parameters that you'd like to know ?
I'm not exactly sure to be honest with you. I was hoping to learn some basics and get some guidance in regards to what can be done these days but I'm learning quickly the community is very tight lipped.
(20-02-2016, 06:54 AM)deadsled Wrote: I'm not exactly sure to be honest with you. I was hoping to learn some basics and get some guidance in regards to what can be done these days but I'm learning quickly the community is very tight lipped.

guess with all this old post here i thinking the site is dead lol but I'm going back and fort with all this thread been reading and reading and still can find a decent guide for how usbjtag cable wired to a soic test clip on a sb6121 and 6141 i know they used the same diagram but can't find a guide with picsConfused
(15-02-2016, 08:53 AM)docsis_killer Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 01:31 AM)deadsled Wrote: Can I just clone the info from one modem to another and be good to go or is it going to require something more in depth?

Well ya if you have the certs too...you just just do a full dump of a modem if you have physical access to it and then write it into another modem, If not you'd need to get certs over SNMP (Not Possible Anymore) But ya you can You Just need Certs Too

Is there any way to dump the clone firmware from a subbed SB5101U CM to a non-subbed without opening it up to spi program it? Is there a way to telnet or ssh into the non-subbed CM that doesn't contain the haxoware firmware? Most of my reading has pointed to the need of a custom noisy firmware to allow telnet session or am I wrong on this?
Depending of the ISP, old modems, very old ones, had SSH and even telnet activated but that's not the case anymore. Unless you install HW or an original firmware allowing telnet I don't see how it can be possible however I'm not an expert

(15-03-2016, 06:55 AM)jd02902 Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 08:53 AM)docsis_killer Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 01:31 AM)deadsled Wrote: Can I just clone the info from one modem to another and be good to go or is it going to require something more in depth?

Well ya if you have the certs too...you just just do a full dump of a modem if you have physical access to it and then write it into another modem, If not you'd need to get certs over SNMP (Not Possible Anymore) But ya you can You Just need Certs Too

Is there any way to dump the clone firmware from a subbed SB5101U CM to a non-subbed without opening it up to spi program it? Is there a way to telnet or ssh into the non-subbed CM that doesn't contain the haxoware firmware? Most of my reading has pointed to the need of a custom noisy firmware to allow telnet session or am I wrong on this?