Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Moto 6141 Black
OK i can not see the problem to any of my issues I have a 6120,6121,6141 and a ubee on SPectrm. The Ubee has  connected and everything works fine but the rest do not want to sync online just flashes. I tried alpha and forceware and no luck. I do not understand if i'm using the same certs and config from the ubee. Can anyone help?
(21-07-2018, 11:04 AM)rblstyl Wrote: OK i can not see the problem to any of my issues I have a 6120,6121,6141 and a ubee on SPectrm. The Ubee has  connected and everything works fine but the rest do not want to sync online just flashes. I tried alpha and forceware and no luck. I do not understand if i'm using the same certs and config from the ubee. Can anyone help?

Hi Rblstyl,

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and say that if you are attempting to use Ubee certs, then you have to make sure that this is correctly setup within forceware and/or alpha.

Have you tried with your original certificates for your SB6120 through SB6141? I would flash back to one of your original images and see if that gets online, then I would flash forceware or alpha on and see if that gets you online. We're going to need to take a couple of steps to resolve your issue.

The biggest thing that we need are some logs as we need to see what is happening on your cable modem's side as verbose as possible. For all we know that it could be something external like your signal level!

Have a great day!
Hey thanks for the response. Yes i have have tried serveral certs including the orginal certs from the brand  new modem. Also the modem is getting a signal when brand new because they are updating and also they get me to the activation website from Sp3trm. Also when i load Alpha it does lock on and the modem even say functional but when I try to go online its say the website is not trusted and when I put in a dns 8.8.8.8 it says it cant communicate  with the dns server. I tried several dns and same problem. As far as signal level I have a connect with the original firmware I get -6 and on the us I get 45 but I did notice when I flash with forceware I could never get a lock on signal fully just one on each side. I connect the modem straight from the cable coming in through the house without any splitters or anything. I even called Sp3trm and told them the my cable boxes where turning off by themselves to come check my cabling and they also checked my signal and said everything looks good as far as signal goes and they evern replaced all my tv boxes and gave me a month free Hehe.
(21-07-2018, 04:30 PM)rblstyl Wrote: Hey thanks for the response. Yes i have have tried serveral certs including the orginal certs from the brand  new modem. Also the modem is getting a signal when brand new because they are updating and also they get me to the activation website from Sp3trm. Also when i load Alpha it does lock on and the modem even say functional but when I try to go online its say the website is not trusted and when I put in a dns 8.8.8.8 it says it cant communicate  with the dns server. I tried several dns and same problem.

how are you putting on the firmware on the flash? depends on how you do it, it could mess up the flash enough to make it not work even though you use good certs and force good config file. I have seen this happen in the past
(21-07-2018, 04:38 PM)joejoe402012 Wrote:
(21-07-2018, 04:30 PM)rblstyl Wrote: Hey thanks for the response. Yes i have have tried serveral certs including the orginal certs from the brand  new modem. Also the modem is getting a signal when brand new because they are updating and also they get me to the activation website from Sp3trm. Also when i load Alpha it does lock on and the modem even say functional but when I try to go online its say the website is not trusted and when I put in a dns 8.8.8.8 it says it cant communicate  with the dns server. I tried several dns and same problem.

how are you putting on the firmware on the flash? depends on how you do it, it could mess up the flash enough to make it not work even though you use good certs and force good config file. I have seen this happen in the past
(21-07-2018, 04:30 PM)rblstyl Wrote: Hey thanks for the response. Yes i have have tried serveral certs including the orginal certs from the brand  new modem. Also the modem is getting a signal when brand new because they are updating and also they get me to the activation website from Sp3trm. Also when i load Alpha it does lock on and the modem even say functional but when I try to go online its say the website is not trusted and when I put in a dns 8.8.8.8 it says it cant communicate  with the dns server. I tried several dns and same problem. As far as signal level I have a connect with the original firmware I get -6 and on the us I get 45 but I did notice when I flash with forceware I could never get a lock on signal fully just one on each side. I connect the modem straight from the cable coming in through the house without any splitters or anything. I even called Sp3trm and told them the my cable boxes where turning off by themselves to come check my cabling and they also checked my signal and said everything looks good as far as signal goes and they evern replaced all my tv boxes and gave me a month free Hehe.

glad you figured it out and up and running.
(21-07-2018, 02:55 PM)LkBurn Wrote:
(21-07-2018, 11:04 AM)rblstyl Wrote: OK i can not see the problem to any of my issues I have a 6120,6121,6141 and a ubee on SPectrm. The Ubee has  connected and everything works fine but the rest do not want to sync online just flashes. I tried alpha and forceware and no luck. I do not understand if i'm using the same certs and config from the ubee. Can anyone help?

Hi Rblstyl,

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and say that if you are attempting to use Ubee certs, then you have to make sure that this is correctly setup within forceware and/or alpha.

Have you tried with your original certificates for your SB6120 through SB6141? I would flash back to one of your original images and see if that gets online, then I would flash forceware or alpha on and see if that gets you online. We're going to need to take a couple of steps to resolve your issue.

The biggest thing that we need are some logs as we need to see what is happening on  your cable modem's side as verbose as possible. For all we know that it could be something external like your signal level!

Have a great day!

he figured it out and up and running
(21-07-2018, 04:30 PM)rblstyl Wrote: Hey thanks for the response. Yes i have have tried serveral certs including the orginal certs from the brand  new modem. Also the modem is getting a signal when brand new because they are updating and also they get me to the activation website from Sp3trm. Also when i load Alpha it does lock on and the modem even say functional but when I try to go online its say the website is not trusted and when I put in a dns 8.8.8.8 it says it cant communicate  with the dns server. I tried several dns and same problem. As far as signal level I have a connect with the original firmware I get -6 and on the us I get 45 but I did notice when I flash with forceware I could never get a lock on signal fully just one on each side. I connect the modem straight from the cable coming in through the house without any splitters or anything. I even called Sp3trm and told them the my cable boxes where turning off by themselves to come check my cabling and they also checked my signal and said everything looks good as far as signal goes and they evern replaced all my tv boxes and gave me a month free Hehe.

When you're online, meaning that the modem is saying "operational", you have most likely pulled a self-registration configuration file as your MAC is not in their system.  What I have seen is that providers use ARP positioning (or something similar) to make sure that any website you attempt to go on, is redirected to their self-registration page.

Due to this, none of the certificates of the websites you're attempting to visit or have stored match the certificates of the provider's self registration page. Usually firefox will give you an option to "get me out of here" and chrome will do something similiar.

You're on the cable network, just not receiving a publicly addressable IP. Have you attempted to take your certificates out of your subbed modem and put them on your forceware modem? I know you mentioned that you had used an Ubee, but I do not believe that forceware has support for Ubee certificates. Most likely that means that you're going to have to extract all 5 certificates/keys and load them into your forceware/alpha modem and not just the two typically referenced here: private key & private certificate.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
(21-07-2018, 06:34 PM)LkBurn Wrote:

When you're online, meaning that the modem is saying "operational", you have most likely pulled a self-registration configuration file as your MAC is not in their system.  What I have seen is that providers use ARP positioning (or something similar) to make sure that any website you attempt to go on, is redirected to their self-registration page.

Due to this, none of the certificates of the websites you're attempting to visit or have stored match the certificates of the provider's self registration page. Usually firefox will give you an option to "get me out of here" and chrome will do something similiar.

You're on the cable network, just not receiving a publicly addressable IP. Have you attempted to take your certificates out of your subbed modem and put them on your forceware modem? I know you mentioned that you had used an Ubee, but I do not believe that forceware has support for Ubee certificates. Most likely that means that you're going to have to extract all 5 certificates/keys and load them into your forceware/alpha modem and not just the two typically referenced here: private key & private certificate.

It was a messed up flash, I helped him correct the issue, and all is good.
(21-07-2018, 06:35 PM)joejoe402012 Wrote:
(21-07-2018, 06:34 PM)LkBurn Wrote:

It was a messed up flash, I helped him correct the issue, and all is good.

THanks everyone for your help.