Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Status stuck on Ranging. LA area. Please Help
I have a 1.1 r39 that's almost always stuck on RANGING. Sometimes it gets connected to the internet but it disconnected quickly. I live in the LA [olympic/robertson] area. The mac address is fine, i even changed it but the same thing happens. Please help!
dont cross post this website is not that big to be needed

to answer your question certs
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
yeah on the other post i realized i posted in the wrong place, sorry about that.

It is now stuck on SCANNING

do i still need cert?
I know that area well...some nodes in the neighborhood are still under Doc 1.0, so it may not be a certs issue, especially if you get intermittent internet, as you stated in your post. There might be others using the same mac address in your node.

If it was Doc 1.1, you would not even get past the "Registration" process.
@mda i'm in the same shoe you're in.

Mine has been down since the time changed and stuck on ranging. I'm right next to the Forum in Inglewood.
ven,

What is your "bpi" setting at? In your case, it is most likely a certs issue.
(08-11-2011, 03:48 AM)Mordeth Wrote: ven,

What is your "bpi" setting at? In your case, it is most likely a certs issue.

i've attached a ss. I'm an IT guy, but this is all new to me so i've been browsing through the forums trying to learn and understand.

I haven't changed anything other than the mac but that was no good, i've changed it back to the way it was.

so, based on the ss, my BPI is 1.0. Also, if it means anything i have a scientific atlanta modem. I noticed the sticker on the box for the mac address is off by one number in the setting which is how it was originally configured.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ven,

Yep....your issue is that you need certs. You could just try changing the "bpi" to Doc 1.1 and cross your fingers. Otherwise, You will need access to a subscriber's modem (relative, friend...located at least 5mile radius from you), download the non-vol/CFG section via jtag or serial connection and upload it to your modem.

If you are an IT guy, you should know how to use a soldering iron and be familiar "RS-232 to TTL", in which case, you are way ahead of the curve.

Thanks Mordeth. I switched it to 1.1 but didnt work. No one I know is dumb enough to pay for TW lol. I'll keep researching tho
Mordeth,

Mine connects sometimes and then disconnects. Last night it was connected for 4 hours and got disconnected. Right now it keeps getting operational and then disconnects again every 3 minute. What do i need to do? Ive offered my guy top money to fix it but he says he has no solution.