Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP disabled only on *some* modem types -- interesting!
Code:
# !/bin/bash

community_strings=(
   "pHuCKtWc"
   "yZaK4E8l"
   "84ish3r3t0d4y"
   )

for j in "${community_strings[@]}"
do
   for i in {1..255}
   do
      # echo  "$i"
      snmpget -r 0 -t .25 -Lo -v2c -c "$j" 10.xx.192."$i":162  1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
   done
done

# community strings to test
# 84ish3r3t0d4y
# yZaK4E8l
# sL08MykN0b
# pHuCkTwc

I whipped up a little script to see if I get any replies using various community strings over a narrow range if coax side IPs (10.xxx.xxx.1~>254). I got a few more hits from Arris modems.
DO NOT CLICK ON THE SMILEY!! ~~> [Image: tongue.gif] <~~
(25-11-2011, 10:40 PM)Radiotubes Wrote:
(24-11-2011, 01:18 PM)drewmerc Wrote: what happens when you use the private community string and not public (i have no idea what i'm talking about)

I have no idea either what I'm talking about or doing. I just like mashin' on them finger-buttons and seein' what comes up. One day I'll figure out what my private community string actually is and report back. Shame on the hijackers.

oh, "don't underestimate the power of the force"
I posted the private community string above. There's no question what it is.

If you have the config from your own modem which you can dl from your Haxorware equipped modem you can use the Vultureware tool to determine it for yourself. Have you done that?

As to secret powers, I don't buy much of that. We're not talking about an ancient Jedi religion here, just a company that buys off the shelf hardware and installs it to sell services. They are not superhuman or you would not be able to use a modem from one node in another without detection, but you can. Why? It's *too hard* to read through all the logs to find the clones.

Not superhuman at all. That sounds so elementary to me. Hackers have long attributed super powers to these people but it's just not true.

Addiction still hasn't answered my question.
You did not post private community strings. Those are public ones.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
Yup, I got the community strings posted in my script above from downloading the config file in the Haxorware control panel. Oh, and I don't use Vultureware, I use a program named "docsis". Its written for Linux and decodes/encodes config files.
why would you post your community strings? cant the CC trace that to a certain node and do security upgrades on that node now that they know they that you can do that
(27-11-2011, 08:59 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: why would you post your community strings? cant the CC trace that to a certain node and do security upgrades on that node now that they know they that you can do that

.. It may be because I'm stoopid and don't know any better?

i don know; are you? i was just asking..
Well I edited the script just to be safe, and thanks for the heads up.
(25-11-2011, 05:25 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: you wont get any viable results. lol you dont get it. that random string of numbers is a serial(which is the modems serial and should be the modems hfc mac) and the macs dont match.

dont underestimate time warner. If you knew what you were talking about you would be not be asking for my help. lol

I didn't ask for your help. You posted something, made a statement and I asked you to support it. It's what forums are for.

Let me just say this. If TWC were actually that sharp they wouldn't let the same MAC and Certs register at the same time anywhere on the network. But guess what? Even though they do have the ability to detect clones it's *too complicated*. A guy who worked for a cable ISP posted about that on SBHacker a long time ago. It's just too hard he said.

So all powerful, nah. We're dealing with standards here. RFCs. The equipment is made to work a certain way. They couldn't change those things you cited because they couldn't register their own customers. Sure, they would know what mac was what serial and they could certainly run a SQL server database to relate them but they don't. Too complicated. Too many points of failure and too many support issues.

Now, are you gonna answer my question? Cause if you don't after me asking you three times I am gonna suspect you as being ABMJR. Heh.

The guy who always posted "I know something you don't know" and never really helped.
(04-12-2011, 05:50 PM)Bruiser Wrote:
(25-11-2011, 05:25 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: you wont get any viable results. lol you dont get it. that random string of numbers is a serial(which is the modems serial and should be the modems hfc mac) and the macs dont match.

dont underestimate time warner. If you knew what you were talking about you would be not be asking for my help. lol

I didn't ask for your help. You posted something, made a statement and I asked you to support it. It's what forums are for.

Let me just say this. If TWC were actually that sharp they wouldn't let the same MAC and Certs register at the same time anywhere on the network. But guess what? Even though they do have the ability to detect clones it's *too complicated*. A guy who worked for a cable ISP posted about that on SBHacker a long time ago. It's just too hard he said.

So all powerful, nah. We're dealing with standards here. RFCs. The equipment is made to work a certain way. They couldn't change those things you cited because they couldn't register their own customers. Sure, they would know what mac was what serial and they could certainly run a SQL server database to relate them but they don't. Too complicated. Too many points of failure and too many support issues.

Now, are you gonna answer my question? Cause if you don't after me asking you three times I am gonna suspect you as being ABMJR. Heh.

The guy who always posted "I know something you don't know" and never really helped.

Lol. nice comment dude. I always been saying this for a long time Clone detection is BS. If you are banned, it is because someone prove or intercept in the forums that that mac is being whored out. But having a clone detection system that automatically checked the whole Isp system is all BS.