Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie question - SB5100
I have a SB5100 modem I got from a friend.
It was working fine without me paying internet.
It stopped working today.

I tried typing in "192.168.100.1", it goes to the Surfboard page.

So I want to install Haxorware on this.
I see various instructions, "Flashing with the USB JTAG", "Flashing over serial"
, but how do I connect modem to computer for each of those methods? USB? Ethernet?
to stupid to mod
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
i think that's a perfectly legitimate question. i need help connecting the USB part of the SB5101 to the serial port on my computer... i looked for an adapter on ebay, but i think i'm missing something
(02-12-2011, 04:20 AM)bustorobo Wrote: It was working fine without me paying internet.

thats the bit i have an issue you have got to be stupid to write that on an open forum

(05-12-2011, 03:00 AM)itapa Wrote: i think that's a perfectly legitimate question. i need help connecting the USB part of the SB5101 to the serial port on my computer... i looked for an adapter on ebay, but i think i'm missing something

you are missing something, you need to connect your computer usb port to the serial port of the modem and for this you use a usb ttl cable (you never said what modem so this is just conjecture) (and this is me cheering myself up by using a word that i really don't understand or if the context is correct, so i think i go eat a dictionary)

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thumbs Up 
(05-12-2011, 03:00 AM)itapa Wrote: i think that's a perfectly legitimate question. i need help connecting the USB part of the SB5101 to the serial port on my computer... i looked for an adapter on ebay, but i think i'm missing something
/
/
/
/ITAPA

first thing is you need a jtag programer or a USB-BLACKCAT PROGRAMER.. and the jtag will plug in to your printer port..
then after that,,, go in to bois and turn on your parallel port to ecp, 0378,,if you have this dim1,2, or 3 USE 1..and then your ready to program...
first things first u cant put haxorware on a sb5100, try going to 192.168.100.1:666
(08-12-2011, 09:39 PM)samtcuhhz Wrote: first things first u cant put haxorware on a sb5100, try going to 192.168.100.1:666

+1 for reading and noone else read the whole thread.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.