Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unblocking Ports
Hi all, I'm GeorgeH and I am quite new here Sleepy

Comcast blocks communication on port 25, and - from what I've read - this is done at the modem. Will flashing a custom firmware remove this limitation?

Are any of the custom firmwares open source? I would love to skim the code and possibly contribute something in the future.

I am on a SB5100, so I think that means I'll have to stick to the haxorware 1.0 release. Sound correct?
sb5100mod not haxorware
i have no idea if a hacked firmware would help (if the block is sent to the modem via snmp it may work but i think it's blocked upstream)
haxorware and sb5100mod are not open (sucks)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I also have access to Sigma x2, do you know if that's any better?
i have no idea as google gives no real clues on how to bypass the block other than using a vpn
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Meh. I need port 25 coming in... I wonder how much more expensive business class is..
Port 25 is redirected and used for mail..Spammers use this port and CC changes it to stop spam...The port isnt blocked at the modem, its @ the CMTS/Firewall

If your Business Class, they will allow it to be passed and you can control it at your end, via a mail server being hosted by you...
Knowledge=Power
So flashing my modem won't do me any good. Shame..
You could always log into the CMTS and do whatever you want...

LOL

But lets not go there...So, No, flashing your modem is worthless
Knowledge=Power
I wonder how hard it would be to social engineer my way to an unblocked port 25. Sure as hell a lot cheaper than going to an equivalent business class plan. Also, what the hell - I have a residential plan and have a static IP, but they make you pay extra for that on a business plan?
Why not call and ask? Also, this isnt a customer support, more of a Technical Support Engineer, who is able to open the port up on your CMTS's Firewall....
Knowledge=Power