Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2
Ok Drewmerc thanks for your reply the reason I asked this question "Is there a way the ISP can find out about the firmware in the modem and is there a way the ISP can come to know the make of the modem?" is because I was suspecting the modem wasn't working because there may be something at other end which can by some means detect a firmware change or modem make change thus denying that modem internet connectivity ....anyways I have to look for alternative and moreover just for your info the ISP here is providing a login page.

Only after successful login one can access the Internet ...I would like to know if there is any workaround to this issue.Inspite of this new login facility the modem was working fine at the speeds I had configured ...but now a mere autoserving of the config file just keeps the modem scanning and ultimately it can't connect....please let me know is there any means of restoring custom config file ..I use Vulture docsis editor and when I edit and save the config file by same name I get a dialog box message asking for security key which I just leave blank and click on Ok.

Whats strange is if I upload the config file with original values the modem works so I am suspecting it could be that once the config file is downloaded the "Checking security" feature as shown in Haxorware does a checksum (because along with the change in modem speed the checksum from my end will not match with the one from ISP) hope my logic is correct ..just a guessExclamation

I have been trying to overcome this issue since a week ...please let me know in case there is way to bypass this security update if any...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble connecting to Internet- DPC2100R2 - by sayonee - 20-01-2012, 03:02 PM