Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 with 11rev39 how to verify original .bin
Dear friends,
I have a SB5101 with 11rev39 on it and I wanted to restore it to stock so I could sub it on my CC. I was informed that the only way that was going to happen was to reflash it with the backup bin . As I could not locate it because of the length of time and multiple computers since I did the Mod, I was going to buy a new modem and sub that one. Well right after I ordered a SB6120 on amazon I had an epiphany, I looked at a few of my disk images and lo and behold I find "orig_5101.bin" in Blackcat folder.
Now, I have only had one sb5101 so it must be it. My question to you all is
How can I verify that the serial number and mac address on the cable modems sticker matches the info in the orig_5101.bin ?

Will a hex editor reveal that info and if so does anyone know the hex address to look for that info ?

Thanks in advance !

offset 34677 (or there abouts)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
you can use sbtools.
(20-01-2012, 09:42 PM)drewmerc Wrote: offset 34677 (or there abouts)

I have not used a hex editor since I was testing Dish, So I could have just search for the string ,but thank you for having patience with me. You were right on on the addy 34674 or there abouts. I was concerned that the Mac address might have pads between the numbers.

I was able to find the modems S/N and HFC MAC ID . However I was not able to find the USB CPE MAC ID or the customer S/N . Are they usually in the bin ? But I am sure that this is indeed the original backup as the S/N and HFC MAC ID match the sticker on the modem.

Now what would be the most expeditious way to restore the bin to the modem ? As I recall I used Blackcat and parralell jtag to mod it. And I have the jtag cable but not my blackcat software. And if memory serves me well, blackcat was a bitch to use !

Does sbtools do that ?

I will have to research that
(21-01-2012, 04:56 PM)jackass Wrote: you can use sbtools.

Thanks jackass , I found sbtools and it accomplished the chore in seconds !

Using the text editor did manage to clear some of the cobwebs in my ditzie
brain though.

Now onto replacing the original bin to the modem , will update my progress.
toms jtag http://www.haxorware.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=337 install, start the program, click connect, type the crap below (in the second tab)

detect
ldram flash (opens bowser window to choose a 2mb dump)
program flash (starts writing it to the chip)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(21-01-2012, 06:35 PM)drewmerc Wrote: toms jtag http://www.haxorware.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=337 install, start the program, click connect, type the crap below (in the second tab)

detect

AAAAhhhhhh! I was mistaken that I had a Blackcat LPT cable. I bought a package from Bitemytaco years ago to flash this puppy, it is a straight wire lpt no resistors no IC no buffer. I just remembered that I had to use SchwarzeKatze and recall it was a chore. I did some research online and located a torrent with SchwarzeKatze 128 and also recall that an upgrade to 130 was available but you needed a crack for that. If you install SchwarzeKatze 128 will that communicate with the SB5101 to change the firmware back to the original ?
Us tom's utility for pjtag...Schwarz is shit!
(22-01-2012, 06:23 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Us tom's utility for pjtag...Schwarz is shit!

Update I manage to get black cat working it saw my flash and I was able to flash my original backup to the modem. It bricked it !!
I tried again and it bricked again.
I flashed my backup of my haxoware.bin and it came back to normal.

My original.bin was 2097152 in size and my start addy was 0x00

Downloaded and installed Tom's jtagutility v1.3
following drewmerc instructions

detect

It is programming as I write this. Will take a break get a brewski and get back to you all in a bit.

hmmm

What did you use to make the backup?? If it was a bcusb it might b corrupted...they do that...ALOT!

dl a fw 5101 bins and try those first until it takes then try flashing your backup. It can b maddeningly slow on a pjtag...60 bucks for a NT seems like a great deal after a few flashes with a pjtag...lol every now and then i have to break out my pjtag for a really stubborn brick...but not often. even on an overclocked AMD 1100t a pjtag is Slooooooowwwww assssssss helllllll!!!!!
Red wolf

Did you find your original cert? If you did just upload it to haxorware . then change spoof from an earlier spoof then just untick disable firmware upgrade then see what happens.