Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get to CC activation page
I have a SB5101 with haxoware 11rev39 showing serial number and mac addy as stated on factory sticker on modem.

I was able to do a firmware upgrade using haxoware .
Using SB5101-2.4.1.6-scm02-nosh it took, and the address page shows my
original serial number HFC MAC addy and USB mac addy . It looks like a real old firmware version.

I placed modem on cable connection.(this connection works as My subbed unit works and shows good levels ) waited about 2 hrs and modem is still ranging. I thought it would at least upgrade firmware. But no ! notihng nada.

What would prevent my modem from getting a firmware push and showing activation page ? I have my haxoware backup that works. But my original backup bricks the modem . any advice welcomed thanx
Your NODE is closed and to add the new modems HFC MAC, its going to be a fone call to be added...

Firmware push's are done on some IPS's CMTS for CM's that are already provisioned. No need to waste bandwidth on a modem that isnt provisioned already..
Knowledge=Power
Welcome to my world...only a tech can activate a cm here now...Unless you find a hole( which there is)
(26-01-2012, 06:07 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Welcome to my world...only a tech can activate a cm here now...Unless you find a hole( which there is)

can anyone point me in the general direction to download a SB5101 virgin firmware that was used in the last year or so ?
I don't understand why you have to upgrade from Haxorware to the new one while as you said it was working? If your sub is still working, I think you need to extract all certs from your sub, reflash Haxorware and inject all certs from your sub to the new one by Haxorware.
(26-01-2012, 08:42 PM)ncb Wrote: I don't understand why you have to upgrade from Haxorware to the new one while as you said it was working? If your sub is still working, I think you need to extract all certs from your sub, reflash Haxorware and inject all certs from your sub to the new one by Haxorware.

Its not working. I want to be able to sub this unit as of right now its a eunuch! I was hoping to get a push and then be able to get to activation page as I would like to able to use it. I thought if I upgraded the firmware that was current it would get to the activation page.
If you havent changed the modems firmware and you havent changed the 1st CPE 's MAC, then your ISP will know its you even if you flash a new virgin bin to the modem.

Knowledge=Power
OK, you sub is working or not? if it's not, you have to get a correct cert from another node and inject into it or your other modem.
(26-01-2012, 08:26 PM)redwolf Wrote:
(26-01-2012, 06:07 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Welcome to my world...only a tech can activate a cm here now...Unless you find a hole( which there is)

can anyone point me in the general direction to download a SB5101 virgin firmware that was used in the last year or so ?

It makes no difference what the firmware is on the stock modem to cc. It will only get the push once it is granted access. This is why I never touch my sub....ever! I think you inadvertently flagged your mac with Hax..grab a stock dump and call cc and provision it in place of the one you are having problems with. change your nic addy and computer descr first...

Tell me you are not trying to sub it with Hax installed !!
(26-01-2012, 10:26 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote:
(26-01-2012, 08:26 PM)redwolf Wrote:

It makes no difference what the firmware is on the stock modem to cc. It will only get the push once it is granted access. This is why I never touch my sub....ever! I think you inadvertently flagged your mac with Hax..grab a stock dump and call cc and provision it in place of the one you are having problems with. change your nic addy and computer descr first...

Tell me you are not trying to sub it with Hax installed !!

No, I used Haxoware to upload a SB5101-2.4.1.6-scm02-nosh bin though.
it took ! I then put in online and it just sat there and did nothing I check signal level GOOD. It was ranging but no dhcp , time or wallgarden.

Now that you mention it. Is it possible that Hax leaves something identifiable that CC could see. Like in the boot section of the flash ?

Am I correct in my understanding of a full flash , that there are 3 parts
1 boot
2 certs
3 firmware