Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hw rev 32
was doing some testing with my dpc2100r2 the other day and can't figure out why this is happening but maybe someone has idea.

I know for a fact this modem can handle a 15/2 connection, it has been running at that speed for the past 3 years. I recently was testing a faster connection, 30/5 to be exact, and it works great except after a couple hours the modem stops transmitting and I can't connect to it from the web gui. power cycle modem helps bring it back online, I check the logs but nothing seems abnormal that would have caused this. I don't think it would be a proximity but rather a bandwidth issue because if I slow down the upstream speed in uTorrent it will stay online longer.

any thoughts?

I'm going to leave it online but with no data traffic and see how many hours/days it will last.
sounds like the normal diag version fuck up you have 2 choices upgrade the ram (theres a thread on how to do this) or switch to the lite version of haxorware
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thanks. Will it be best if I go to lite version 39 from web ui or is there a safer preferred fw update method?
web update should be fine but nothing is 100%
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Too many concurrent connections cause the TCP IP stack to dump/crash..

More modem memory is needed. Lite offers this at the expense of losing other "features"..
Knowledge=Power
(01-02-2012, 07:57 PM)undivide Wrote: Thanks. Will it be best if I go to lite version 39 from web ui or is there a safer preferred fw update method?

Use Hax to download the flash/nonvol first. Then unplug the coax, reboot then upload lite thru the gui...Blush
thought I would upgrade to diag 39 as there was no lite version of 32. modem has been going strong for 26 hours maxing out the upstream. have had bursts maxing out the downstream too but for all purposes I left connection settings alone in uTorrent that had been causing rev 32 to crash. usually in the past it was my dd-wrt router that couldn't handle the traffic load. I got an older version wrt54g with double the memory and solved that problem! still like to limit my overall connections to 100 in uT settings so my wife doesn't come home to a crashed internet!
forgot to add. I did upgrade through the web UI with the modem "online" but with zero traffic. soft reboot through UI brought me safely to 39! thanks all