Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 Running Rev 39 stopped working in SoCal area w/ telnet log.
(27-02-2012, 09:50 PM)ABMJR Wrote: (CmDocsisCtlThread) BPKM enabled. starting BPKM key requests.

Not submitting the BPKM key. Unless you know TELNET and a trick, I would say your done...as your failing a key item here...

Its very simple but the answer is finding it.

DOCSIS Baseline Privacy (BPI) provides data privacy across the hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) network by encrypting traffic flows between the modem and the cable operator's Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS).

BPI security services are a set of extended services within the DOCSIS MAC sublayer. Two new MAC management message types, BPKM-REQ and BPKM-RSP, are employed to support the Baseline Privacy Key Management (BPKM) protocol.

The BPKM protocol does not use authentication mechanisms such as passwords or digital signatures; it provides basic protection of service by ensuring that a modem, uniquely identified by its 48-bit IEEE MAC address, can only obtain keying material for services it is authorized to access.

The Cisco uBR924 cable modem is able to obtain two types of keys from the CMTS:

Traffic Exchange Key (TEK), used to encrypt and decrypt data packets

Key Exchange Key (KEK), used to decrypt the TEK

Good Luck M8!!

Isn't the BPKM key automatically generated based on the MAC address? Are you telling me I have the wrong key because the MAC is generating a key that has no access?

I searched the forum and only noticed one other mention of the telnet fix, but nobody gives away any details as to what kinda fix or how to do it. Seems like private info at the moment..

If you have anything else as far as tips, please go ahead!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SB5101 Running Rev 39 stopped working in SoCal area w/ telnet log. - by skEwb - 27-02-2012, 09:57 PM