Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 Running Rev 39 stopped working in SoCal area w/ telnet log.
I guess if it helps anyone else. I found helpful information I'll post here. Hopefully it's all good to go:

When the ISP has enabled BPI + requires the CMTS to verify that the CM has in addition to the MAC, the licenses for the MAC. Certificates used in the CM are the type X509 , and what they do is to get a chain of trust to the root certificate of keys and certificates that can be found in a CM, which are important to identify the CM to the CMTS.

These are:

Private RSA (Private RSA key pair) Each Cm has its own RSA key pair.
Public RSA (Public part of the pair) Cm Each has its own RSA key pair.
Root_cert (trusted root certificate) changes if the CM DOCSIS or EuroDOCSIS is for.
Ca_cert (Certificate certifying authority)
Cm_cert (Certificate of CM) Changes for each Cm.

In addition to this information I was going to post links to FastCert and BuzzCert since they seem to by awfully hard to come by for anyone that is interested. Only if this is allowed.
(28-02-2012, 09:39 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Factory mode will not help you. you are in the beginning stages of d3...Once it is complete that 39 diag wont do shit but range forever..Use 39 lite or an older version and change your nic mac for starters...Forget the mythical, magical 4 line telnet fix as it was on the chopping block as soon as Jr mentioned it...lol. there are still many ways to test in new hardcore security.

Hey thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I did flash the Lite 39 and it didn't help much really. I'm looking for an archive of older versions that I can try out. I suppose if FastCert/BuzzCert dont work, I can pull certs from my CISCO DPC2100R2 then I can have the 5101 working as well I suppose. As far as the NIC mac goes, the tomato router firmware has a randomize MAC feature which I use, but if I'm connected directly to the modem I can change it in device settings as well.

BTW I'm searching and researching here and other forums as well. Not trying to waste anyone's time! I posted telnet logs and everything, I don't want anyone frustrated, just here to work things out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SB5101 Running Rev 39 stopped working in SoCal area w/ telnet log. - by skEwb - 28-02-2012, 09:40 PM