Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob needs help
I got a sb5101 and the only things I have done is first I flashed haxorware on it using a usb blackcat jtag. Then I did a full 2mb backup on it. I then hooked it up and all lights come on but my network connection says limited or no connectivity. I tried to change a couple of settings but that just made less leds stay on the modem so I restored the previous backup I made and now I am still stuck with limited or no connectivity. I am in a time warner area. Any ideas of where I should look to get help or what I am doing wrong? I at no point changed the mac or serial numbers as I have been reading and have noticed that will mess up your crets.
why flash and then do a backup? that's the wrong way round? but never mind it can still be fixed if you need to go back to stock
anyways i'd guess that your isp is detecting haxor, i guess you'd need to look at your telnet logs to find out if this is true
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I did more reading. I found a list of telnet commands but I did not find what telnet program to use or how to get access to the modem using it. Have I overlooked this or is it not here. I have also done enough reading to notice that the telnet log a important part of finding out what the problem is with the modem. Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry I am asking such noob questions.
ok... I figured out how to telnet into the modem but can not when the cable is hooked to it because I get limited or no connectivity. I can telnet into it with the cable disconnected but dont think this will do any good as there will be no signal. I am stumped and do not know where to go from here or what to do next. Please help me.
what isp is this?
Knowledge=Power
(02-03-2012, 07:24 AM)qgrandstaff Wrote: ok... I figured out how to telnet into the modem but can not when the cable is hooked to it because I get limited or no connectivity. I can telnet into it with the cable disconnected but dont think this will do any good as there will be no signal. I am stumped and do not know where to go from here or what to do next. Please help me.

so why not connect to telnet and then connect the coax?
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(02-03-2012, 11:00 AM)ABMJR Wrote: what isp is this?

This is on Time Warner
TWC/RR...

Unless you know DOCSIS and a few of the 'tricks", I hate to say this, but the party's over M8...

Your done with using a pre-mod on their 'tighter than tight" CMTS
Knowledge=Power
I just got another modem that has never been hooked to a coax and hooked it up. It dose the same thing. It connects then just gives the limited or no connectivity message. I guess its nothing I did wrong with the flashing but some other steps I need to take that I do not know about.
Thats right...

Its has nothing to do with the flash, as you are in new security.

you have the yellow triangle and have a 169 IP..

Knowledge=Power